>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg Maverick 88 Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Mossberg Maverick 88 Reviews

Postby Glock2340 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 am

This is one gun that will never let you down. I put countless number of rounds through it and its still a great gun. This gun is the same thing as a Mossberg 500 but the safties are located differently. I will reccomend this gun to anyone.
Glock2340

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:24 am

I'll agree with your review 100%. I've got a 20", 8 round model. It looks like an over and under double barrel shotgun. It's very sharp looking and is equally deadly! I'm very pleased with its performance and was quite impressed with the price after taking it to the range. Great gun!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby addore » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

I have one with a 28" barrel, use it mostly for skeet shooting and Goose hunting, not one failure in the 4000+ shots I've shot from it, easy to use, easy to field-strip maintenance extremely easy and accessories easy to find
addore

Postby smokinjoetex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 am

I have recently purchased an mav88.i have put about 500 rounds through it.not one ftf or anything.one thing i have noticed is that when new ,the action was extremely stiff up until 200 or so rounds were put thru it!now the action is as smooth as silk!!!! i have owned aother mossberg,my first shotgun,a bolt action 20ga with a poly choke on it.. they make good dependable guns
smokinjoetex

Postby Hardee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:13 pm

I bought my Maverick 88 a few weeks ago. Purchased the 28" barrel. Had a chance to shoot some skeet this weekend. I guess I shot about 42 shells through it. I was very impressed with this gun. This is the most I have ever used a shotgun at one time. The gun handled extremely well. I have a bruise on my right arm but no soreness to speak of.

Thinking about getting an 18.5" barrel later on, as well as some fiber optic sites. I'm going to rate this a 5 due to the price, kick, options and reliability thus far.
Hardee

Postby smokinjoetex » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:50 am

well i have had my mav88 bout 6 months now and have turned it into a home security weapon!! i have put on a 18.5barrel(cyl. bore)with heat shield,a tri-rail accessory mount with which i mounted a neebo tactical flashlight(it has three settings ,light only,light w/laser,laser only) i used a mission first tactical mount for the light. i put a sling plate behind the barrel hold cap! and last but not least,a pistol grip on it!this madfe a world of difference in handling in close quarters,using #4 buckshot(.240 dia.) 2 3/4" ,29 pellets ,at 30 feet gives a 18 inch diameter pattern with the center 6 inches completely blown out and a pellet about every 3 square inches....totally awesome.... oh yeah it easily converts back to a field gun in ten minutes!!!
smokinjoetex

Postby Shadowlogic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 am

I bought the 20 gauge version, put about 37 rounds through it at the shooting range, one FTF, but it was some old winchester AA loads from back in the early 80's no FTE's still impressed with it, went around pawn shops for a while looking at shotguns and came across it, had the smoothest action of all the ones i looked at that day. so i took it home with me, for the price of the 12 and 20 gauge model it's a must have if your looking for a little BANG for your buck
Shadowlogic

Return to Shotguns