>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P239 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Cobra64 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:19 am

I have four SIGs and an HK. The trigger on the 239 is my favorite.
Cobra64

Postby cdbruster » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:50 pm

I just had my P239 delivered. It was supposed to have come with the SigLite Sights but did not. The armorer at the gun store had a set of the TruGlo TFO's (tritium fiber optic). These sights are effective but astetically, the are ugly as hell. These sights have pits, casting marks and grinding marks in them. They also have a copper hue to them; about the color of a crappy gun blueing job. Has anyone else had an experience with these sights (good or bad)? BTW, this is an exceptional firearm! I own other Sig Sauers and this one is every bit as good as the others.
cdbruster

Postby cdbruster » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:50 pm

I just had my P239 delivered. It was supposed to have come with the SigLite Sights but did not. The armorer at the gun store had a set of the TruGlo TFO's (tritium fiber optic). These sights are effective but astetically, the are ugly as hell. These sights have pits, casting marks and grinding marks in them. They also have a copper hue to them; about the color of a crappy gun blueing job. Has anyone else had an experience with these sights (good or bad)? BTW, this is an exceptional firearm! I own other Sig Sauers and this one is every bit as good as the others.
cdbruster

Postby elbarbaro » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm

i was wondering if any of you know if the any sig can be made for left handed people? i have a p229 and i love it. i wanto to buy a p239 for CCW, but was just curious if you could hace them reversed for lefties.
elbarbaro

Postby Cobra64 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:24 am

I mentioned two months ago that if you guys want to learn about SiG pistols, go over to SigForum.com.
Cobra64

Postby KBintheSLC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 pm

cdbruster...

If it was supposed to come with the SigLite's, I would send it back and make them put them on. I have them on my 239 and they are exceptional in both darkness and in daylight. Don't let them slide on this.
KBintheSLC

Postby cdbruster » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:30 pm

KBintheSLC... Sig Sauer is making good on the mistake. Their order shows the standard sights, however I distinctly remember ordering it with SigLites. It was actually a mistake on the Gun Shop's behalf. The sights are on the way in to the Gun Shop (should be here today) and the Gun Shop that has a Sig Sauer Armorer on staff is installing them. I'm not being charged a single dime extra for the sights or the installation. I guess customer service is alive and well at some businesses. The Gun Shop is taking the TruGlo TFO sights back and sending them in. I'm getting a full refund. I'm happy! After talking with TruGlo, I have found out that they had a bad batch of sights that made their way past QA. I think I will stick with Meprolight in the future for after market night sights.
cdbruster

Postby chetarama » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 am

Owned this gun for a couple of months now. This is my carry gun. 400 rds so far and no malfunctions. Extrememly accurate out of the box. I expected nothing less from a Sig. Anyone know why this gun is in the "full size" catagory on this site and not in the compact catagory?
chetarama

Postby cdbruster » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 pm

FREDBAI... I have the regular 239 in the .40 S&W and I agree with your comments regarding reliability and accuracy. The reason the 239 is not considered a compact pistol is because the barrel length is 0.1 inch too long. Compact pistols start at 3.5 inches and the 239 has a barrel length of 3.6 inches. I don't care how they classify it but, I agree it makes and exceptional concealed carry handgun.
cdbruster

Postby campesino » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Very nice pistol; accurate, compact and good for carrying. Seems to be good quality, and I love the simplicity of breaking it down for quick cleaning. I have had one significant problem however, as I find this pistol very susceptible to "limp wristing". I don't have any trouble with it, but I bought it for my petite wife who gets stove pipe jams every 2-5 rounds no matter how hard she tries to hold it steady. She has no problems with my Glock 22 .40 caliber S&W, my 1911, or the bigger brother Sigs. It is independent of the type of ammunition used. Hogue grips help. Just a word of caution for those of you who might be thinking about buying one of these for a girlfriend or wife. It is after all a lightweight, short-barrelled pistol which can be susceptible to this problem. I had heard of "limpwristing" before, but in 30 years of handgunning, this was my first direct experience with it.
campesino

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols