>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms SP2022 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby rainoneizm » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 am

the sp2022 was discontinued for a time due to overwhelming orders on the weapon from several countries,including the US DEA,who also carries them now.the 2022 comes from the life span of one of the larger contracts,ending in 2022.

it is back in production and is readily available at many shops,including sports stores like Academy.

the hardest things to find on this model are the left hand holster,and the 15 round clips(one comes with the gun0 most of the ones on back order are marked "law enforcement only"
rainoneizm

Postby rainoneizm » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:28 am

almost forgot..@ Academy sports it goes for about 429.00,but had it on special last week for 399.00.
rainoneizm

Postby Adamman02 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 am

Well where do i start with this beauty??? First off i think this gun is highly under rated. I recently upgraded from a Taurus millennium pro. And it's like me trading in my 1988 ford tempo and getting a Lamborghini. The key features that really set this gun apart is a) if you have the 40 s&w all you need to make that pistol shoot .357sig is a barrel. B) the grip angle and the comfort of this gun in your hand is great, i was thinking about getting a glock instead, but i just didn't like the grip angle, sorry all you glock fans I'm sure it's a great pistol just not for me. C) the trigger is unbelievably smooth and crisp, this gun is a sa/da and in double action the trigger is just right in lbs, good for both safety and yet not to strong to throw off your accuracy for that first crucial shot, and in single action the trigger is real short and smooth, this is great for accurate rapid fire d) ACCURATE oh my gosh this gun is so accurate, note i did go from a compact pistol to a full size but still this gun is deadly accurate. I have put about 175 rounds through it and i know that's not much but it's enough to understand that this gun upholds the reputation of sig sauer. Oh and i forgot to mention i got this pistol for 450 bucks.... That's cheaper than a glock by the way
Adamman02

Postby Adamman02 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:51 am

Oh and furthermore i was talking with sig the other day and they planned on discontinuing the 2022, but due to the overwhelming demand for it the decided to keep It in production
Adamman02

Postby lizardman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 am

Just got this gun in 9mm today, and went stright to the range. What can I say its a I dig the Sig. Dont let the price throw u the trigger is just as nice as an 229, 226, 220 ect. I was shooting one big tatered hole at 7 yards ha thats what she said. so all in all great gun for the price might not last as long as other guns time will tell on that if your thinking about this gun get it you'll love it!!!!
lizardman

Postby jim375 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Great gun, check the serial number if you purchase one though because the ones with serial number starting with 24A or 24B have a true picatinny rail and the serpa holster made for the sp 2022 wont fit those models,
jim375

Postby Rmgo326 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Just bought this gun and took it to the range last week. It fired perfectly and my groupings were all in 4in radius at 7-10 yards. Put 200 rounds just get a feel for it. Did 100 rounds just firing fro DA only and the trigger pull is smooth. I'm suprised because the price was low for a Sig, but the gun handled great. Anyone know of a good CCW holster? mine does have the picatinny rail on bottom.
Rmgo326

Postby Lightitupmike » Sat May 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey just took my sp 2022 to the range for the first time today. Very accurate pistol. I did have one issue with it though and wondering if anyone else has come across it. After going through the first DA shot...the trigger would not spring back all the way to go into its SA mode. This happened about a dozen times threw 50 rounds. Just wondering if it's a break in thing or maybe a defect. Any comments would help a lot.
Lightitupmike

Postby Rmgo326 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 pm

@Lightitupmike: The first time I took this pistol to the range I didn't notice it, but since then I have. I do a drill where I draw and fire from DA, then decock, holster and do it all over again. The first time I did this drill with my sp2022 I thought I had a FTF or FTE, but it wasn't that at all. It was the trigger, and I put 100 rounds on that drill, and didn't think to much of it, other than it was diffrent DA trigger pull from my Beretta. I'm still getting the feel for this gun so I can conceal carry.
Rmgo326

Postby Lightitupmike » Sun May 08, 2011 11:38 am

@rmgo326...thanks for your input. Like I said its only in the SA stage of firing. The hammer is cocked but the trigger does not return to a SA stage. I have to "flick" the trigger to get it to spring back enough to engage. I hope its just a break in and not a defect. I'm gonna give it some more time...maybe 300-400 rounds before I contact Sig.
Lightitupmike

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols