>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P226 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Sig4ever » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 am

Please post pics of you weapon as its nice ti see deviation.
Sig4ever

Postby Francis » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:06 am

Hi I am back again reporting on my SigP226 .40S&W. I have put over 1000 rnds using America eagle 180gr fmj, Rem umc 165gr and reload ammo i bought from the range. at 25 yrds i now can blow the bull eye away. very accurate. i have only one problem 0ne time ejecting casing, it was trapped half way in the middle of the ejecting port this is caused by my holding the grip lightly, i was focusing too much on my breathing and my index pulling the trigger as straight as possible. I have shot many handguns CZ tt40 very acurate but problem feeding almost every 8 or 10 rnds, CZ 75 very comfortable , well built but not as accurate, S&W very accurate, no problem feeding, ejecting but not as comfortable as SigP226, Taurus Millenium pro once awhile problem with feeding and doesnot feel right in my hand...etc. I am not saying that these guns are not good, but for those who want to buy a good gun make sure you go and hold them in your hand and take a few shots if it is possible. Your life depends on your gun so buy a good one even if it is expensive and train well. I would rate this gun five out of five because of its rugged built, reliability dependability and accuracy, talking about accuracy i heard Sig P226Xfive competition model can shoot a sub group at 50yrds! havent tried one yet but thats another story
Francis

Postby itguy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:42 am

Just got a new P226R. Have two concerns. The trigger has left to right play, enough that if you tilt the gun side to side, you can see and hear it move. Also, the slide to frame fit is so loose it rattles. However, it shoots fantastic! Called the factory, they said it sounded like it was within specs. The only reason the trigger play bothers me is that I can actually make the trigger slide left to right just before firing. It makes we worry that some day it may slide just as I fire, throwing off my accuracy.

Has anyone else seen either of these issues?
itguy

Postby locknload » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:04 am

ITguy--just out of curiosity, checked my 229 for lateral trigger

slop. It moves about 16th of an inch. I honestly never noticed during firing. I think it is reasonable to see some movement at the end trigger as it is at the far end of a moving mechanical linkage. As far as slide rattle, I could only get the rattle noise with a loaded magazine in place.

Removed the mag and no noise.
locknload

Postby locknload » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:04 am

ITguy--just out of curiosity, checked my 229 for lateral trigger

slop. It moves about 16th of an inch. I honestly never noticed during firing. I think it is reasonable to see some movement at the end trigger as it is at the far end of a moving mechanical linkage. As far as slide rattle, I could only get the rattle noise with a loaded magazine in place.

Removed the mag and no noise.
locknload

Postby LS2851 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:16 am

Shoots very well and groups as thight as you can hold it. Will deliver over and over on bulleyes. Heavy to carry but great on duty or in a night stand.
LS2851

Postby LS2851 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:16 am

Shoots very well and groups as thight as you can hold it. Will deliver over and over on bulleyes. Heavy to carry but great on duty or in a night stand.
LS2851

Postby Francis » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:06 am

itguy-upon reading your column, i checked my p226r.40s&w

i tilted left right there is no lateral movement because it is under the tension of the spring??but if i hold the trigger with my thump and index and move the trigger side to side it will move a littlt bit, not much though, as of the rattle mine has none at all, with or without mag. I think you should just for peace of mind bring the gun back to the dealer and compare with other sigp226r on the stock/ or have the gunsmith at the dealership check your gun out.
Francis

Postby itguy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Thanks for your comments! Is sounds like my trigger movement is more or less normal, as the tech guy at Sigarms said. I do have to grasp it with my thumb & finger to get it to move the whole distance it travels, which sounds about the same as locknload mentions. The tech guy at Sigarms said a pin holds the trigger in place, so the movement is because of the fact the trigger is a tad thinner than the slot in the frame it fits through.

I think Ill be OK with it as-is. No one in Houston stocked a P226 in 9mm, so I had to special order it from a small dealer with no gunsmith. In fact, there are only a few gunsmith options, and they all say they are backlogged months and months. The fact no one has suggested this is serious, the Sigarms tech said so, and it shoots tight groups, Ill get over it!
itguy

Postby MO.Shooter » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:53 pm

I just purchased my p22r .40s&w about a week ago, have fired probably close to 400 rounds so far. Still to new for me to form a conclusive opinion, however so far i think i like it. I havent really fired any higher end ammo, just mostly range ammo but have had 3-4 jams. Is that because its still in the breaking in stage or because the ammo? What kind of ammo is best (with reasonable cost)? Also it appears the rear sight is slighty off to the left. The grips also seem to slightly rub toghter even after tightening them. I might add i purchased this gun new. The gun overall feels tight with no rattling, even with loaded mag. Have shot reasonably tight groupings considering the ammo used, and the newness factor. Overall im pretty impressed with this gun, but as i said before its still to new to have a solid opinion.
MO.Shooter

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols