>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P220 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby raider3bravo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Sig P220 Elite was Flawless. The SRT is a huge change for the p220. I've shot a P220 Combat and now the Elite Model and I can tell you the trigger reset is much shorter in this model. My local gun smith said, you can add the SRT to any sig for 150.00. FYI. I shot about 100 rds today with no problems,-230 g Remmington, FMJ. All rounds hit exactly where I wanted them to. This sidearm is very accurate. Worth the 1050 I paid. Every penny of it.
raider3bravo

Postby dean1965 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 am

Hey Guys,

Anyone try the Sig220 in a 22LR?
dean1965

Postby GatorNation1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:53 pm

I got a 220R-45-EQ a few weeks ago and have put several hundred rounds through it. No misfires and no failures to eject. Using 230 gr reloads with HP-38 (same as Win 231) powder, and factory ammo. It shot very tight groups at 15 and 25 yards. This is my best shooter, over the Beretta FS92 stainless, several S&Ws (all stainless), and a no-name 9 mm. Decided to get the 4.4 inch barrel instead of the carry version because it is only 0.6 inches longer and 0.5 inches of that is barrel. Weights are nearly the same. This SIG Sauer is a keeper and I recommend it to anyone who wants a really good quality gun. Putting Cocobolo grips on it and night sights, just two cosmetic changes. Excellent fit and finish.
GatorNation1

Postby kevina » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:46 am

Brilliant gun. I have M&P, Px4 and glock but this has become my favorite.
kevina

Postby reeseg45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:13 pm

hey im in the market for either a sig p220 carry or a xo is the p220 carry as accurate as the fullsize p220?
reeseg45

Postby edco » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 pm

I have had my Equinox for about a month. I love the way it shoots. I am still a novice but my instructor has been extremely happy with my groupings with this gun. I am certain that it is the combination of the upgraded sights (it has the Truglo TFO upfront and Sig night sites in the back) and the gun itself that has accounted for this and not me. I have shot my wife's Glock 19 about 100 times and I am no where near as accurate.

The only minor problem I have had thru 500 rds is that we have had about 4 FTF's with Remington UMC ammo. Each time it was the last round of one of the mags which is extremely tight and it was my son shooting it. I don't know if it was the ammo, my son, the mag or something else causing the problem but I have taken extra care to clean the feed ramp thoroughly and I will see if that elimantes the problem.
edco

Postby doofous » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 am

The 220 is an out-of-the-box accurate and utterly reliable gun...one of the best I've seen in 40 years of shooting. This seems to be true of all of the variants. The only reservations I have are practical...the thing is heavy, which makes all-day carry something of challenge even as it enhances the actual shooting experience, and IMHO it doesn't tolerate .45 SWC bullets (particularly in unclad or non FMJ reloads) as well as I would like. So I shoot the 220 at the range and carry a 226 9mm, which is as accurate and reliable but considerably lighter. I also shoot an old S&W 645 and enjoy it, but like the Sig more.

How does it compare to other .45's? It's better than the Glock, Springfields and most other of the latest generation .45s, and on a par with the H&K USP 45 and the best of the 1911 custom guns I've owned or fired. I personally prefer the .45 to the .40 cartridge, but that's a personal quirk...they'll both get the job done!
doofous

Postby edco » Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

After not shooting for a month, a ran 50 rds of WWb thru my Taurus 709 Slim and 50 rds each of PMC FMJ and Gold Dot JHP thru my P220 Carry Eq. For my experience with the Slim, please see my post on its board.

I am still a novice shooter but this Sig almost makes me look and feel like I know what I am doing. It is just so accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Anytime I miss, I know that it is user area. One bad habit that I have is dropping my head. Every time I miss low it's from dropping my head. Right now at 7 yards I feel extremely confident of my accuracy with this weapon. While my accuracy pales in comp to experienced shooters I just love that I get better with this weapon every time I use it and the feel is just wonderful.

I just wish that Sig made a much smaller versions in .45 ACP for CC. I am going to mess around with a 220 Compact but I think that it will still be too big for CC during Fla summers. That's why I am really interested in a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Please don't tell my wife as my collection is growing faster than she likes.
edco

Postby edco » Sat May 22, 2010 6:37 pm

This gun is the bomb. I have run about 700 or 800 rounds thru it and just keeps getting better and better.
edco

Postby Ratsass » Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm

I had an older P220 back in the 90's. Can't say I'd recommend it. I'd get at least one malfuntion every 50 rounds or so. Ammo didn't matter. Shot various brands and it didn't seem to matter. I guess from reading the rest of your posts, that I got a lemon. It happens sometimes with the best.

I once had a Glock 23 that was more useful as a trot line weight than a gun. Pity, I really wanted the 220 to work.
Ratsass

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols