>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Dharmabumz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Ok, thanks for the help.I didn't want to post it for sale then find out I had mis-represented it to someone.
Dharmabumz

Postby tjseveryday » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

If you could only ever have one gun this would have to be it. Easy to shoot, easy to strip, easy to clean, accurate, reliable, reasonably priced. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Glock 19
tjseveryday

Postby Gloc9mm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 am

TJS, Very good, simple post! I have had a G-19 for many Yrs now, and it's the most reliable Weapon I own!
Gloc9mm

Postby bulletproofvest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:20 pm

so, what is the difference between a gen 3 and a gen 4? how would you know what generation it is?

---

http://civilianbodyarmor.tumblr.com/
bulletproofvest

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:21 am

I thought I'd be able to answer your question fairly quickly but "silly me" I was very wrong!! I wasn't even familiar with some of the information I dug up on the differences! But that's what we're all here to ferret out, right? So here goes;

There are several yet few changes between the two generations (following me?) ha, ha! The Gen 4 has a reversable magazine catch, replaceable backstraps, a rough textured frame and the original single recoil spring was replaced by a dual spring system. I've also found out that Glock has modified that upgrade (recoil spring) several times already! It's said now that with the dual spring system, the recoil from the .40SW has been tamed substantially. Glock has made modifications in the Gen 4 design now to allow use of the Gen 3 spring system with the proper retrofit kit. Glock is said to be replacing the recoil spring assembly in it's 4th Gen. pistols except the sub compact models #26 & 27 pistols sold before July 22, 2011. The only other thing I can remember is that the Gen 4 magazines will not fit any of the previous generation guns due to the changes made for ambidextrous use. Hopefully I've given you enough info to help you with your decision! I own the 2nd Gen. model 23 purchased new in 96 and have never had a single failure of any type, with any ammo under any condition. Just a superb handgun. I'd buy a dozen more if I could get them, lol!! Buying a Glock used to be an absolute no brainer, but now it's going to take as much research as the rest brands on the market. Good luck BPV!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Glock 19 Reviews

Postby GOANRA » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 pm

You seriously need to see this!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE?rel=0 :!:
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Re: Glock 19 Reviews

Postby Will_Carry » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am

I have a gen 4 Glock 19. It has never failed to fire, even with the original recoil spring assembly. It's accurate, easy to conceal and rugged as hell. One of the best fighting pistols ever made. I have it on my hip as I type this, loaded with 124gr +P JHPs.
Will_Carry

Previous

Return to Pistols