>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 17 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby pakettle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Must not be many glock 17 fans on this site, well anyway I recieved my AA kit Dec.1 and went yesterday to the local indoor range to try it out, too cold in northern illinois for outdoor shooting. Fired off 200 rounds of mini mags without any problems. Will use some rem. goldens next.

I have several bulk packs of federals that my beretta neos likes but I know they don't work well in the AA kits.
pakettle

Postby Gamecock_G17 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 am

Gamecock_G17

Postby oldsarge » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Does anyone know how difficult it is to put a optic site on a G17? Looking to to put a red dot scope on a 17 for steel competition, and not sure if I will need a gunsmith to put the base on.

Any advice?
oldsarge

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:45 am

Here you go Sarge, click on the "link"!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP121-34.html - Polymer (Good)

http://www.glockworld.com/competition.htm - Aluminum (Best)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby oldsarge » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks tigwelder, good info and a couple places to start.
oldsarge

Postby hammerdrop » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:38 pm

I just picked up another 2nd. gen. G17, in like new cont. This gun has been fired very little. I traded even, a Rock Island 1911 for it. I like the 2nd gen. Glocks because I don't use the tactical rail. And their a slight bit less bulky without the finger grooves and tactical rail. I've owned alot of carry guns, and I seem to always go back to Glocks.
hammerdrop

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

You have a nice pistol! The latest poop from the Glock God is that the new Gen. 4 frames are experiencing problems. Turns out that the Gen 2 frames are the strongest tested. The Gen 4 frames are made from a harder polymer mixture, almost a hard plastic in nature. The harder polymer results in more felt recoil. They changed up the recoil spring to a set of two to soften that recoil. I guess it has softened the felt recoil but sadly hasn't helped the frame deal with the increased stress. Glock Armorers are experiencing some issues with cracked frames (in the area adjacent to the mag release).

I've got a Gen 2 G23 and am thoroughly pleased with its performance. If this Gen 4 problem turns into another Toyota, there will most likely be a recall of the newest frames.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Painter55 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:16 pm

I stayed away from Glock way too long! This is by far my favorite pistol. I love the balance and light weight. The thing is accurate and reliable. No wonder it is so popular! Easy to load, easy to shoot, easy to clean. Fantastic gun!
Painter55

Postby armed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 pm

question. i just purchased a glock g17, only fired 60 rds so far my ? is the trigger is rouger than i have ever experiencd, it srapes and seems to drag very heavy pull, will this smooth out with shooting or should i be concerned , wnot a problem with my g21
armed

Postby GOANRA » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 pm

armed, if G-17 trigger 'scrapes, drags, has heavy pull', it will not get better with use. It needs to be fixed.

Glocks are an out-of-the-box- sidearm.

ANY problems means take it to a Glock armorer.

In LE, Glocks were my favorite duty-carry and I had most calibers at one time or another. Sure never had a trigger problem. Every one was like butter.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols