>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby BigDog58 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

I've had my G30 for several months now and still can't get the magazines to take 10 rounds and the gun function properly. I have the upLula which is the best loading device I've found.

When I get all 10 rounds in the mag and insert it into the pistol, the slide will NOT ram home. I'm not even able to push the slide forward. I've disassembled the mags several times, lubed them etc., all to no avail. I intend to contact Glock and request new magazines, as I feel these are defective.
BigDog58

Postby cachamelion » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:38 pm

have you tried leaving the mags fully loaded for about a week? I had the same problems initially, but the broken in mags made a big difference.
cachamelion

Postby BigDog58 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

I left them for more than 8 weeks with 10 in the mag and took a great deal of force, to get the 10th in. Now, 10 go in a bit easier ( more force than normal) but the gun won't function with the 10th in the magazine.
BigDog58

Postby Doriadiver » Fri May 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Just added the G30 to "my holster" after being away from Glocks for a few years. Still they were what I learned on many years ago and it's still hard to beat for simplicity and reliability. Looking forward to sending a box or two downrange this w/e. If it's as good as my first two were, I anticipate being married to this one for a while.
Doriadiver

Postby Doriadiver » Sun May 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, as expected.....Put about 125 downrange of assorted 45acp without a glich, hiccup or cough. Three friends commented on how well I shot today. The only difference, NEW GUN Glock G30. Felt great and was super accurate from the box. Loved the night sights and apparently they are aligned well. Nothing but positives about this gun. Not sure why I sold off the 2 (19, 27) Glocks I had. Even the wife liked it and she's picky as hell about guns (Sigs & Kimbers).
Doriadiver

Postby Pitrazoranme » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I've had mine since 05' and once your dialed in with it, you'll be able to hit anything... As to filling the Mag., up grade to the larger Mag by Glock (12 round cap.) and avoid any problems loading, It also gives you better hold and balance of the weapon. Fact---over 3000 rds. "no problems". Its not my favorit in the safe, but it is the one I want when I need help!
Pitrazoranme

Postby Doriadiver » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 am

I hear ya Pitz and that's probably why I sold off the other two. For looks I love the Kimbers and Berettas I own but for sheer reliability, simplicity, price, etc... The Glocks are awesome. Gun show in town this w/e and I may pick up some "goodies" for the new addition. IWB holster, extra mags and stuff.....
Doriadiver

Previous

Return to Pistols