>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Riggs » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:34 pm

My feelings about the Glock 30 vs the Glock 21 are I can wrap my hands around the 30 better to control the recoil and its just a more accurate firearm for me than the 21. I don't have large hands so that could be a reason I shoot the 30 better.
Riggs

Postby beetlemaster07 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

What is the difference between the Glock 30 and the SF model? Are they any different price wise?
beetlemaster07

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:36 pm

The basic differences are in the size, shape and modifications to the grip. They also shaved 3mm off of the trigger reach. It makes it slimmer and more comfortable for shooters with smaller hands. Here's the tale of the tape from Handguns Magazine on this sure to be popular big bore. I'd sure like to have one! I think the price falls right in line with the other Glock models.

Model 30 SF

Type: delayed blowback center-fire semiauto

Caliber: .45 ACP

Capacity: 10+1, double-stack magazine (also accepts 13-round, Glock 21 SF magazines)

Overall Length: 6.77 in.

Height: 4.76 in.

Width: 1.27 in.

Barrel: 3.78 in., octagonal rifling with 1:15 3.4 RH twist

Weight: 23.99 oz.

Construction: polymer frame with finger-groove front strap and molded-in checkering; steel slide with Tenifer matte finish

Trigger: SafeAction; 5 lb., 9 oz. pull

Sights: low-profile, drift adjustable, with optional three-dot, tritium inserts with white outlines

Accessories: case, speed loader, cleaning set, cable lock, owners manual

Price: $540

Manufacturer: Glock, Inc., glock.com , 770-432-1202
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby zombie4569 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:55 am

Just picked up this gun in the SF style on black friday and shot it yesterday. If you can hold it steady, this is one of the most accurate Glocks on the market. I shot less that 2.5" groups at 10 feet and just look to get better and better in time. I look forward to purchasing additional Glocks in different cartridges in the future!
zombie4569

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 am

Hey Zombie, you just cracked me up!! LOL! You've been bitten by the Glock bug. God help your bank account! You just experienced the most reliable semi auto handgun ever made in my opinion. Glock owners are very biased and you'll find that out our boasting is completely warranted! This thread of our forum is more of a place of worship than anything else! LOL!

Seriously, Glock owners love their pistols and have no hesitation recommending them to everyone! We love our Glocks!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby stevetingle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 pm

I started with a G17, then got a 21sf, now I've done gone and got a 30. I can't find anything wrong with any of them. I want one of each, but I will stop for a while as the divorce will cost more than the guns.
stevetingle

Postby zombie4569 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 pm

My philosophy is that I will have all the glock models before I get married... Can't complain if I bought them before hand!
zombie4569

Postby b3325mike » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

This is my first Glock (model 30) and I'm very impressed with this fine pistol. It's a tack driver right out of the box and is flawless in function, reliability and accuracy. The factory fixed sight is easy to pick up and needs no adjustments. This is by far the best production pistol I have shot to include Colt, S&W. and Browning. This will be my new carry piece. Needless to say I'm a now Glockster for life and can't wait to buy other model's.
b3325mike

Postby stevetingle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Glocks should come with a warning " CAUTION, MAY BE HABIT FORMING" but it's a good habit. Go get another one b3325mike, feed that habit, It is worth it.
stevetingle

Postby bmg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:57 am

What the? I'm no expert here, but I bought this pistol and paid what I consider good money for a reliable weapon. I had a misfeed on the second or third magazine I fed through this little baby! I sincerely hope this is a fluke. My buddy thought it was my grip? Any input is welcome (I know I'm putting myself out there on this one.) Anyway, this weapon shoots smoother and less of a bite than my Ruger GP 100 .357 I did find the pinky finger pinch annoying. I plan on having this by my side, and will review again after more time & rounds have been ran through this little beauty. Accuracy was very good. Reliability questionable, for that I'm giving it a "3".
bmg

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols