>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther P99 QA Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Egoslayer1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:41 am

-The ambidextrous magazine release if different and may be easier to get to for some people, particularly for IDPA participants.

-The grip is comfortable (which is always a priority for me)

-I got a new P99 for $539 at a gun show in 9mm

-The lack of a physical safety may be be a plus or minus depending onf your needs, for concel carry I consider it a plus

-The trigger is double action on the first pull and single action after that.

All in all, I like this gun, not as much as my 92FS, but I still think this is a good gun.
Egoslayer1

Postby granitekid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Im considering the p99c (.40) for my first carry gun,is this gun too light for a .4o or should I consider going with a 9mm
granitekid

Postby granitekid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Im considering the p99c (.40) for my first carry gun,is this gun too light for a .4o or should I consider going with a 9mm
granitekid

Postby RezDuane » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 pm

I recently purchased the P99QA .40 as a carry firearm. I thought I did my research on it but after receiving it realized it wasnt exactly what I was expecting. I expected a DA/SA type of trigger. Suppose thats the AS model. Anyway, Im getting used to the trigger pull and love the gun. Im looking for some input from someone else who is carrying the P99 QA as a CCW. Would rather discuss it by email so as not to tie up the review forum here. Anyone...?
RezDuane

Postby GroundZero2877 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:03 pm

I just got the Walther P99, I would like to buy a good holster for the weapon, does anyone have any good advise!!!!
GroundZero2877

Postby razr » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:24 pm

I dont like the sound and feel of plastic holsters so all of my holsters are leather. Try http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/

I got the body Guard leather holster from these guys. They stand behind their products. Get it with lining for a few dollars more.

Also S&W scabbard with thumb break is a nice one with a great fit. Its made by Desantis, you could save a few bucks by getting it directly from Desantis with out the SW logo. Hope this helps!
razr

Postby minuteman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:27 am

need advise....I just purchase a walther p99. The very first time i brought it to the range the gun jammed every other round. I after several rounds, one of the bottom of the magazine borke off. I sent it in to Walther to have the problem fix. I received it back stating that there was nothing wrong with the pistol. I went back to the range and had the same problem. I contacted walther and told them the that problem wasnt repair. They told me to send it back to them to have it repair. I explain to them the problem that it was giving me. Again, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the gun. I had several different people firing the gun and it was given each of use the same problem. The gun would jammed everytime you fired the gun. I ask Walther that i was very dissatisfy with their service and this product and all im asking is for a refund or a replacement of a brand new gun. They had the gun longer then I did. ..... does this ever happen to anyone out there ... ?
minuteman

Postby minuteman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:29 am

what is the best ammo to use for this pistol?
minuteman

Postby razr » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:24 pm

What kinda of jams are you experiencing? Did you buy it new? If so use factory ammo only, avoid reloads and cheap junk. Winchester White box is all I use for practice no problems and I have put over 3000 rounds through it. I am very surpised to hear a P99 having problems. If it is new and you havent put junk through it, fight them till they get you a new one. Good luck!
razr

Postby minuteman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:27 am

it look like the its not feeding corrected...i use fiocchi ammo. I purchase it brand new.
minuteman

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols