>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber CDP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Kimber CDP Reviews

Postby arjohn6895 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:21 pm

back to the comment on the magazines. kimber makes an excellent gun but their magazines are not very good. if your kimber is jamming i would recommend getting wilson combat magazines they are alot better.
arjohn6895

Postby Lrose51 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:58 pm

I have an Ultra CDP. I had problems when I first puchased it with it jamming. I tried different magazines and had it into a gunsmith three different times. I e-mailed Kimber twice. They failed to respond to my first e-mail, so I tried a second time. They were not at all helpful in solving the problem. Finally, at a gun show, a person at a booth that sells ammunition told me to swith from 230 gr to 185 gr. That solved the problem. I have heard many good things about Kimber, but perhaps they are growing too fast and not keeping up with customer service as much as they should.
Lrose51

Postby CONT2 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:48 pm

What is this I hear about "shooting star" magazines? who makes it? is it an aftermarket or does Kimber make them?
CONT2

Postby tazz500 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:43 am

Go to the website www.midwayusa.com and look under the 1911 mags, the shooting star mags are made by a company called Chip McCormick. Other than that i don't know much. If you want the best mags, go for the Wilson mags, but good luck getting any right now, as nearly everyone is sold out.
tazz500

Postby Patrol » Sat May 12, 2007 8:52 am

Tazz wilson mags are no better than ChipMcCormick mags. In fact the 8rounders are the best out there. I have about 50 1911 mags and the stainless 8 rounders are the best i have and the most reliable
Patrol

Postby Patrol » Sat May 26, 2007 7:41 pm

Remember: Kimber SUCKS! Drop me a line regarding your Kimber horror story: thecobra27@msn.com Over priced,over rated-crap!
Patrol

Postby Lrose51 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:39 pm

If you e-mail or call Kimber's toll free phone number, you will be communicating with their sales department. They indicated that this sales department is located in Montana! Don't expect them to forward any questions to the repair center in Yonkers. You have to call the repair center in Yonkers, New York. Once I got them, they told me to send my Ultra CDP back to them. I did, and they did a great job of repairing my gun. They replaced the slide, worked on the trigger, polished the ramp, and several other things, as well. The turn around time was excellent and the gun is now functioning flawlessly.
Lrose51

Postby waretravis » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 am

Just got a Kimber and love it. Despite the horror stories of some, I guess I got lucky and got a "good" one. Great accuracy and a overall nice looking gun.
waretravis

Postby adcurt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:01 pm

I purchased this gun recently because I have owned several of the 4" and full-size versions and was excited to finally use a 45ACP as my carry piece. So far everything has been great with good accuracy out of the box and just an overall great pistol. It's also lighter and easier to carry than my previous buddy; an S&W M&P 40cal. Theoretically they weigh about the same, but that's before you load them. I'll report back once I get past the 1,000 round count at the range.

Also - kimbersucks - I mean, why bother to rate the gun at all? You can just post your free ad without the trouble of knocking a perfectly good pistol. Though I appreciate the email address for the admins.
adcurt

Postby JTL » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Recently purchased the Compact CDP II and have put about 300 rounds down-range (so far) and continuing to break-in the gun. As a lefty (right-eye dominant), this gun fits my shooting style perfectly! Furthermore, this is the most accurate handgun I have ever fired - my confidence is very high with this gun! A couple of minor mods right out of the box - set aside the kimber mag, and replaced with Wilson Combat Mags, ordered a set of Ultra Slim Gator Back Micarta Grips (VZ Grips) as this will soon be my full-time concealed carry weapon. Per Kimber recommendation, I have approx 200 additional rounds to go for the break-in period. I have field-stripped/cleaned four times and the gun is looseding up to be a very smooth machine! So far I am very please with this beautiful gun. Let my neighbor shoot for the first time yesterday, he stated that this was also the most accurate pistol that he has fired also. Will update after complete break-in period; furthermore. I give the gun the highest marks.
JTL

Next

Return to Pistols