>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Custom Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby robalan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:29 pm

That sounds great! If my wife every takes mine I will be on the way to the store to get another in a flash. As I leave I will ask her if she wants a backup Kimber. :-)
robalan

Postby Doriadiver » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Yup, my wife called "dibs" on mine the first day she shot it. I keep trying to buy another one "for her" of course. Not a bad thing to say about these guns well except for the $$$ and the one mag thing. C'mon Kimber $!!00 plus ...... 1 mag? Really?
Doriadiver

Postby electricman4759 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Robalan and Doriadiver: I am glade you guys feel my pain. I did get my Kimber back but my wife would like one now. I would also have to agree with you Doriadiver the price is a bet steep for a new one. But we will see if this subject comes back up again.
electricman4759

Postby Doriadiver » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah, it's just a matter of time before I bite the bullet and pick up another Kimber. It's good to keep Momma smiling. "Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".
Doriadiver

Postby elderair » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 am

just bought my ultra carry and it is my first Kimber. All I can say so far after 100 rounds of 230 grain FMJ ammo is Wow. I initially field stripped it and cleaned and applied a bit Amsoil 20/50 to the slide and barrel. It functions smooth and has light recoil. I plan on purchasing a Eclipse Target II next year about this time once my wife has forgotten about how much I spent on this one!
elderair

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:27 am

Well you just screwed that up Elderair!!!! I'm telling! I can be bought though... :-)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby elderair » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 am

My wife always asks me how many guns I need and I always reply, "just one more". It has worked so far. The only other .45 I have had any time firing was my brothers HK USP with the LEM trigger. Wasn't sure how I would like the Kimber but I like it even better due to it's size. Using a Tagua coffee sleeve type holster IWB for now but just ordered a Galco wb219 lefty. Had the gunshop install the ambi safety for me while I waited the day I picked up the UC. It was quick and the knocked the price of it down for me also. Why should I be punished for being a lefty any longer! ; ^ )
elderair

Postby electricman4759 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 pm

elderair: I will pray for you on helping your wife to forget about the price of that firearm, but if your wife is like mine that will not happen.

You will enjoy that Kimber UC very much, I have had mine for a while and it is always a lot of fun to shoot. Don'y do like I did and let your wife shoot that Kimber, I did and now she has mine and I will have to get me another one. I am sad, but not broken to bad.

Enjoy and be safe.
electricman4759

Postby oldmac » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 pm

I haven't posted here for some time but I've now had my Kimber Ultra Carry for about two years. I had some initial FTF issues that worried me a bit because this was to be (and is) my primary CCW. However, I haven't had an issue basically since the last time I posted. I can't even recall how many rounds I've put through it now but it's many, many. Probably a 50 to 100 per month. It seems the issue came down to my own maintenance -- or failure thereof. Good quality lubricant on the feed ramp, a good cleaning after -- and before if it has not been fired for a while, high quality ammo. I absolutely love this gun. Great handling and feel and -- for as short as this barrel is -- it's an incredibly accurate gun at 25 yards -- beyond that it (or me) gets a little iffy.
oldmac

Postby elderair » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks electricman. Oldmac, I have been shooting 230gr. Tula steel case ammo @ $9.00/50rds ever since I brought my UC home and had one FTF out of 100 rds. I won't carry with Tula but really just wanted to see if it would reliably fire the Tula. I need to mark one of the clips so I can identify which one possibly will repeat the stovepipe that I experienced. Can't believe I had to buy a second clip. I was under the impression that these were 6 rd. clips but they are 7. Trying to get in the practice of cocked and locked. Used to handling the HK usp hot with the LEM trigger so it should not be too stressful to carry a pistol with multiple safties in the C&L'd condition. Just different.
elderair

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols