>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-11 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Kel-Tec P-11 Reviews

Postby bosshoss » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:33 pm

I bought mine at a local dealer ... So far I fired about 100 rounds threw it ... 115 grain reloaded ball ammo that I had left over from a gun show purchase some years ago ... Even with this OLD ammo the pistol worked perfect ... The trigger pull takes a little getting used to,but Its not a big deal ... I was getting excellent groups with it at 20 yards once I made minor adjustment to rear sight ... I really like this gun ... Cant beat it for size VS capacity ... Im very satisfied with my choice.
bosshoss

Postby Vatec » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 am

Only put 50 rounds through mine so far (Ive only had it for 4 days, cut me some slack here), but Im impressed. Not only has it worked well (my friend had a failure to extract which might have been his fault, but I had zero problems), but its been surprisingly accurate. Trust me, Im only an OK shot, but out of my first 10 rounds at 7 yards, the first three were 10, 9, 10 and the last four were all 10s. Yes, I was having a good day, but the gun still has to be accurate for me to pull off that kind of shooting. My P-11 compared very nicely to my Ruger MKIII .22LR for shot placement, straight out of the box with no adjustment to the sights or anything. I still need to put a lot more ammo through it to be convinced of its reliability and durability, but Im definitely convinced as far as the accuracy and ergonomics. The P-11 has basically the same recoil as my XD-45 and the XD has very low recoil for a .45, so you can draw your own conclusions.
Vatec

Postby adbello » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:01 am

adbello

Postby Kendog » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:17 pm

I bought a used p11 this summer.. I have had zero problems with it.. ( 500 rounds through it) It shoots on the mark even out at 25 yards.. I had the mag make the rattle thing. I learned while reading on the Keltec forum to take a small pick or ball point pin and stick it in the numbering holes in the mag and spin the ammo. No more rattle. That was easy... I bought some extra mags for it on Ebay (new mags too) I carry it in a fobus holster. Nice and small! It really is a good little gun. For those who like to carry 380 there is no reason anymore, you might as well carry a full 9mm. I paid $215 used for it. I would like to have another.. I would even like to have this gun scaled up in size to a full size gun. I shoot nothing but cast 125 gr RNL out of it. I see where there a few folks that dont like the gun. That is ok maybe those should have a pistol smith build them a top of the line 45 ACP. As it sounds like this what they expect this to be. It is a plane Jane no bells it just shoots and it is small. But it shoots straight and holds 10.. I like it!
Kendog

Postby kkj » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:40 pm

I bought a p11 a few weeks ago. Im 55 with slight arthritis and that just doesnt work well with this gun. You cannot believe the amount of pull it takes to shoot this gun, both length of pull and strength of pull. Seems to work OK but you would need a vice to keep it steady during the pull.
kkj

Postby steamer » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:22 pm

Bought a P-11 about 1 month ago. Own P-32 which has been perfect since new, and a P-3AT which has been to factory twice for magazines popping out on firing. The P-11 went to factory for broken extractor which jammed the gun after approx. 200 rounds. Now the trigger mechanism is busted after approx 30 rounds. For me, the P-11 is too unreliable to trust my life to it. I bought a Springfiled XD9 subcompact instead. What a difference!!
steamer

Postby baddgerr » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:33 am

Have owned my P11 for about one year now. Specifically purchased to support by CCW permit. Find it extremely reliable and easy to conceal (jacket pocket, IWB etc). Only complaint is the long and stiff trigger pull. Time on the range has helped overcome that. Overall great little economic weapon. Easier to conceal than my SIG or S&W
baddgerr

Postby tec-9 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:43 pm

i bought a new p-11 about 2 months ago, and it was what i expected. for 300 dollars it shoots strait, feeds well, and fits in the pocket. ive only put about 100 rounds thru it, with one stove pipe but that was expected due to the newness of the gun. ive had alot more expensive guns glocks, smith and wesson, rugers, but for the money it does what i need it to do
tec-9

Postby ANTI-XD » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:49 pm

has any one had any experience with 357 sig barrels in the p40/p11 ?
ANTI-XD

Postby wht06rado » Sat May 05, 2007 7:21 pm

I've owned my P11 for about a month now. I've had absolutly ZERO problems with mine. Zero FTF. Zero FTE. Nada. I love this pistol! It's light, comfortable and is very VERY easy to conceal. It's a bit too large to be a pocket pistol but works very well in an IWB or Smart Carry. Yes, the trigger pull is very long, but with some practice and breaking in you wont even notice it anymore. And if it still bothers you after a while you can try the Kel-Tec trigger shoe.

Bottom Line:

If your looking for an easily concealed 9mm that will hold 13rnds and handle +P rounds. This is the one for you. It may lack a little bit of finishing, but if your willing to do a little sanding and polishing. Go for it. Especially for UNDER $300!
wht06rado

Next

Return to Pistols