>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Torgo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Just picked up my first CZ75B last night. Perfect accuracy, so easy to shoot. I love this thing. I highly recommend to anyone looking to buy one. The factory grips might get on your nerves a bit, but they are replaceable. Excellent gun
Torgo

Postby otrclwotpo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:59 am

I tried out the CZ 75 B SA mentioned in previous posts with 60 rounds of two brands of ammo shooting rapid fire of full mags and slow fire after a second repair at the gunsmith and it now operated with no problems. Since it was purchased as a used pistol, I plan to fire it more to gain full trust in it's operation and accuracy. I plan to drop it back to the gunsmith to have spring kit installed for $30+ dollars. My only other problem is older age as my right shoulder gets stick and painful and the weight of the full size CZ seems a bit heavy for me now. I beleive I will start looking for lighter weiht firearms comparable to the CZ, any suggestions?
otrclwotpo

Postby lrgcal4fun » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi otrclwotpo,

Give your self time to get used to the 75 before you decide its to heavy. If you can, go to a range that will rent you guns to try out. The lighter guns will recoil more and that may also affect your shoulder. If you can try before you buy, you'll be ahead of the game when you pick your next pistol. CZ does have some lighter polymer framed guns as does: Glock, S&W, Springfield and Ruger.

Happy shooting!
lrgcal4fun

Postby BMEEK11 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Bought because of this site. Trigger gritty and with some creap out of the box but constantly improving with use. Spooky accurate first time I shot it at 5 yrds standing 2 handed put 12 of 16 shots in 1 inch box. At 25 yards put all 16 in 6 inch circle. I can't wait to try it at 50 yards something I would have never thought about trying with another handgun......WOW!
BMEEK11

Postby epwrangler » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:27 pm

I have a 75bd Police and I love it. I also have a P07 and it is a great 9mm to shoot. I thought the bd was great but this is light and also shoots fantastic. So, where is the listign for it??Hummmm?
epwrangler

Postby Patrol » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:55 pm

The model I shot back in the early 90's was the one with the best double action trigger I have ever felt on a semi-auto and but it had that old style full tang hammer. I just got this newer model the CZ 75B and I can tell you give me time and I will report again on a more thorough evaluation. I shot just fifty rounds out of it on a makeshift target not even torso level but from what I can tell this piece is as awesome as the original models shot in the early days with exception to the double action trigger not being near as smooth. I do see when this thing brakes in oh say nine hundred to a thousand rounds I can tell the double action trigger will be broken in well by then and this thing will be just right. I highly recommend this pistol.
Patrol

Postby r.long32 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am

I LOVE this gun! I was doing some online research after being severly dissapointed with a Beretta 84 and as some have stated, these guns are a well kept secret. There aren't a lot of dealers that seem to know Jack outside of 92s, 1911s or Glocks wich is sad because I believe a retailer should know their trade. I wanted an all steel full size 9mm and as I said the info on it was limited but I saw one in the store and loved the look and feel. So after some thought I reluctantly made the npurchase. I cannot believe how awsome this weapon is. A lot of experts complaine about all steel weapons because of the weight but we are honestly only talking about a few ounces and for a self defense weapon that, one that you intend to use to save your life, why make sacrifices?

I bought the stainless version with rubber grips and night sights. The gun is eye catching and it is slim enough for concealed carry in the waistband. Surprising! 16+1 cartridges goes a long way and my only complaint is that the mags don't drop free. The recoil is typical of a 9mm in my opinion and with self defense ammo it kicks more like a 40S&W. Still, this firearm is more accurate than any gun I have fired before. Target reaquisition seems automatic. I only go to the range about once a month and I am not a marksman by any means but this pistol sure makes me feel like one. I love how the slide sits completly in frame wich I think is the biggest reason for the accuracey. It has a 1911 style grip that seems natural to point. I can't say enough good things about this gun.

I have had a four jams but I attribute that to the shooter rather than the gun. I have fed it over a thousand rounds of UMC, Remmington HD, Extreme Shok, Lawman, Federal and numerous others FMJ and JHP ammo and this gun is both accurate and reliable. I have my eye on the SP-01 next tax season because a full length dust cover with rail and extended beaver tail seem to be the only way to improve upon this model. LOVE it! It's worth more than the MSRP.
r.long32

Postby Patrol » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Ok, I put another 150 rounds out of it. I have the two tone model 75B it's like the original model except for the combat hammer and the heavier double action trigger pull. You can thank the internal firing pin blocks and other politically correct crap for that but it still shoots awesome. I read how the 75 P-01 SHADOW is the way to go though. That is the model with the Poly frame but same features as the torture tested P-01model. The SHADOW model also has twenty round magazines.
Patrol

Postby Gladius » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:41 am

How sweet it is! Just like my CZ-82 in 9mm MAK, this CZ-75B in .40 is spooky accurate and reliable. A bit heavy?? Not really, if you've ever carried a Government model .45, the weight is comparable. I've carried this one all day for more weeks than I want to mention and have never been disappointed.
Gladius

Postby kerstingm » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 am

My CZ 75B is by far my most accurate and favorite pistol. Please picture #5 if you want to see my baby. I am looking at getting the tactical model for some competition shooting or switching out the trigger.
kerstingm

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols