>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby epwrangler » Fri May 18, 2007 1:43 am

I have a poly CZ75 BD Police. It is one great weapon in 9mm. By the way I out shoot cops at the range almost every time there is one there to watch. Guess that is why so many rounds expended in shootouts with few if any hits. I am getting night sights put on it and carry it concealed. Yes, it is a bit heavy but feels good knowing it shoots so well.
epwrangler

Postby EBG » Sat May 19, 2007 12:01 am

I agree Deusimperator, you must have landed a bad one. No factory is perfect, there will always be one or more product that's a dud. When I buy a new firearm I have the habit of buying the most cheapest or lowest grade ammo I can find to find out how good a firearm will deploy it. When I bought my CZ75 I bought non reloadable wolfe ammo and some kind of Russian made ammo - and they all fired without a hitch (now I use winchesters and have put about 1200 rounds through my CZ and had only one incident which was a misfire - an ammo defect). I will admit though, it's not the most good looking pistol and it is bulky and heavy - but would you rather have good looks or dependability?
EBG

Postby epwrangler » Sun May 20, 2007 12:21 pm

I love my CZ75. It is a greet shooting pistol. Mine is the BD Police model with the decocker. I can tear the center out of a range target with it. Now, if it was just lighter when I carry it but that weight feels good when it goes bang.
epwrangler

Postby jeff6 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:44 pm

I recently purchased a CZ-75 Compact (dual tone finish) and I'm very impressed. My other guns are Berettas (92fs and 87 cheetah). I traded a Bersa Thunder .380 (nickel finish) in on this and was glad to do so. This gun is easy to fieldstrip and clean, looks great, is extremely well made, performs flawlessly, is very accurate, and reasonably sized. It may be a little big for a compact, but you get a 14+1 capacity as a consolation prize (That's only 1 less than my Beretta 92fs!). I took it to the range today for the first time and fired 150 rounds of CCI Blazer through it with absolutely no problems. The only thing I've noticed that I don't like is that it feels a little top heavy to me (even with a full magazine) and not quite as balanced as my Beretta 92fs. That said, this pistol is a very welcome addition to my collection and will probably be my primary carry weapon. For the money (and even for much more), this was a steal.
jeff6

Postby epwrangler » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:11 pm

My CZ 75 is now sporting a crimson trace laser grip set. It was too good a price to pass up. Very nice product.
epwrangler

Postby armoredman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:05 pm

My PO1 wears the CT Lasergrips, great addition! CZ PO1 are now available from the factory with the CTs!
armoredman

Postby epwrangler » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:11 pm

So are the 75s I found out. I like your gun too. I wish I had one of them too. Did you add or get it that way?
epwrangler

Postby armoredman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:27 am

Added a couple of years later. Never thought much of lasergrips until I actually used them -very cool accessory.
armoredman

Postby epwrangler » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:13 am

I share your feelings. Tried my laser grips today for the first time. What a trip. I was shootiing multiple shots at 7 yards through the same hole. People stopped to watch. It was so easy.
epwrangler

Postby Patrol » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:05 am

epwrangler just wanted to comment on your out shooting cops comment as to how many rounds are expended in shootouts related to hits. Paper targets dont shoot back and not all us cops shoot poorly I assure you brother to include real life shootouts. As to the CZ 75 one of the most underrated pistols out there. Im going to get one in 40 if I dont get a Hipower instead.
Patrol

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols