>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby hanks_grinder » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:19 am

Bought a CZ-75B. Its great. Ive shot about 300 rounds and has been a solid performer from the very first shot. My CZ is more accurate than my friends Glock 17 (although its a lot heavier). It has a very solid construction and is a great buy.
hanks_grinder

Postby EBG » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:41 pm

Must admit that I was reluctant to buy this firearm at first. Finally bought one and fired 300 rounds one after the other wihtout a hitch. Highly reliable and highly accurate. Also a very sturdy gun. Takedown and cleaning is easy. Like the fact that it is double action so that you can chamber it with hammer down. It would have been great if they went ahead and put a decocker in it. Overall a pretty good firearm.
EBG

Postby Mr.K » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:37 pm

The CZ-75 has been widely copied and cloned, so that should tell you something.

To quote Colton: "Imititation is the sincerest of flattery."

This is the next pistol on my "to buy" list.
Mr.K

Postby 2ndcommando » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm

I owned a CZ 75 many years ago and it was a great dependable gun. Last year I bought the CZ 75B.

The first time at the range I was using 147 grain factory ammo.

After about 3 shots the gun went out of battery and would not fire. I found a strip of copper from the rounds around the entire chamber wall. I scraped it out with a knife and resumed firing. Same thing happened continually for about 100 rounds.

I went back to the range with 115 grain factory ammo and the gun functioned flawlessly. No jams or misfires.

I took the gun back to the dealer and traded it in. He told me that he had never seen this problem before. Kind of destroyed my faith in CZ. I know there is a lemon in every brand and I think I got it.
2ndcommando

Postby Jay1958 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:51 pm

2ndCommando, it looks to me like you lost confidence in the CZ75 because of ... bad ammo!
Jay1958

Postby 2ndcommando » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:10 pm

You could be right. The ammo I used was 147 grain.

Brand was "Lawman" I think. however, the 115 grain was winchester and it worked great.

The first one I ever owned was in the mid 80s and it worked perfect. Maybe down the road I will try another one out.
2ndcommando

Postby buckeye49 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:48 pm

I have a CZ75B 9mm in SA and a CZ75B SA/DA Compact 9mm and have fired thousands of rounds (mostly my reloads) through both of them and I have never owned (and I have owned and still own 10 pistols) any guns that are more reliable or accurate than the CZ pistols. I shoot mostly Berry's Mfg. copper plated, RELOADED bullets in 124 grain and have never had a FTF or FTE from either of my CZ pistols. I have also shot Winchester white box from Walmart 115 grain ammo through both CZ pistols flawlessly. 2ndcommando, I would say that you have faulty 147 grain ammo. You should go and see if you can buy back that CZ you traded in. Don't feel bad, I sold a CZ once, and it drove me crazy. Less than a week went by and luckily the dealer still had it in inventory and I bought it back (for $25 more than he gave me for it!).
buckeye49

Postby buckeye49 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:49 pm

I own the CZ75B SA (single action only) in 9mm and a CZ75B SA/DA Compact in 9mm and both are totally reliable and very accurate, and a breeze to take-down and clean. I also own several "plastic" pistols and none shoot as well as these heavier CZ pistols.
buckeye49

Postby DeusImperator » Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 am

I purchased a satin-nickel CZ-75 on the 4th of May and took it out to the range. I also purchased a box of Remington UMC and a box of Winchester Winclean to put through the pistol.

I had 2 failures to extract with the Remington UMC ammo in 50 rounds and 7 in 35 rounds with the Winchester Winclean. Obviously this pistol had some problems. So, I e-mailed CZ-USA requesting advice regarding the issue. They never bothered answering the two e-mails I sent.

Keep away from the CZ pistols. This failure to extract seems a little too common although mine was an extreme case of this failure. CZ-USA has not provided the customer service which most handgun owners have become accustom to.

All the failures to eject were as follows:

The ejector does not seem to have attempted to ejected the spent cartridge and it remains lodged in the chamber. An examination of the cartridge shows scratchs where the extractor claw would have engaged the cartridge. After

firing the slide moved backward and attempted to feed a cartridge from the magazine but does not leave the magazine lips and is feed only part way. The slide come to a stop against the newly feed round.

To slear the jam that ensured, the slide first needs to be drawn and the slide lock needs to be applied. Then holding the slide lock in place a finger is inserted into the ejection port aand the new cartridge that was attempted to chamber will need to be slid back into the magazine. Once that

is accomplished the magazine can be ejected and the slide released and the spent cartridge ejected by pulling back on the slide.
DeusImperator

Postby Jay1958 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:24 pm

DeusImperator, I'm very sorry you are having a bad experience with your CZ75. All manufacturers occasionally have a lemon come off their assembly lines, but most CZ75s are world class reliable. My CZ75BD has never had a failure of any kind - period - and neither has my CZ82 9x18.
Jay1958

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols