>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ P-01 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby epwrangler » Thu May 06, 2010 12:35 pm

So. how do we get the P-07 listed as a model on here? I just bought one and not listed on here.
epwrangler

Postby otrclwotpo » Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 pm

I bought a like new CZ P-01, I beleive to be unfired, and shot four Magazines of a couple of different brands of ammunition and WOW. No problems whatsoever, great wieght and trigger pull. It has got to be one of the best on the market especially for the price range. I would trust my life on it for a defensive firearm. I thought about laser grips but I believe I would rather get a light and laser for the rail as I like the stock grips.
otrclwotpo

Postby Moe9 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 am

I put 50 rounds through a used CZ P-01 today & it felt great. The buyer's asking $500. Is this a good deal? What's the going rate for a used CZ P-01? Thanks!
Moe9

Postby 9mmman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Just shot my new P-01 9mm today. I waited a long time before finally buying one of these and the wait was worth it. Great shooter, minimal recoil. Once I got used to the small sights, I was very accurate with it. The only knocks against it are the small slide, which is tough to rack until you get used to it and it's a bit tricky to take down at first.

The gun was flawless and shot hollow points and FMJ without any issues. The rubber grips feel great in your hand. This gun is fun to shoot and seems reliable. I put 200 rounds through it with no trouble.

I rate it a 5 because of it's performance, feel and looks, but I'd like it even more if the sights and slide were a bit larger. Still, a great gun.
9mmman

Postby mesarsjls » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Just bought the CZ 75 SP-01 (9mm). Fired 50 rounds out of the box... tight groups from 35 and 50 feet. I researched everything I could beforehand and spent about 3 months weighing the choices. Well... I finally did something right for a change with the CZ purchase.
mesarsjls

Postby parkersgunshop » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Man this gun shot more accurately than my Beretta 92. I was skeptical at first, but the more I shoot it, the more I like this pistol. It feeds ball and HP ammo very well. I was not expecting much, but CZ caught me off guard with this piece.
parkersgunshop

Postby gover74 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello all! I'm a young woman, looking to buy my first handgun and I believe I've narrowed it down to three. Can anyone give some advice/opinions on the three? I appreciate it everyone. The three I've narrowed it down to are: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, FN-FNP9, and the HK-P30L. All of these have been used in some military or law enforcement places and I've seen nothing but good reviews on them.
gover74

Postby otrclwotpo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 am

A choice of handgun depends greatly on it's intended use wether for competition, service, home defense, concealed carry, or just target practice. A variety of CZ fits all categories, and the P-01 Model 9MM with the Rail for a Laser and Light being light and comfortable to shoot is best for home defence. I would still recomend one of the J Frame S&W .38 models with laser grips for concealed carry or car glove box carry as well as home defense.
otrclwotpo

Postby whitehood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:46 am

At least you're not choosing a Sigma which demonstrates intelligence. I'm curious about a few things. You've essentially chosen what are called TDA aka traditional double action pistols or also known as DA/SA trigger actions. The CZ's as a rule have had a single action option and the H&K is a TDA with what is called an LEM trigger option which is for all purposes superior and acts as double action only or DAO. All are good choices however the H&K is the superior choice. It's pricey and mags are expensive, however it works all the time. IMHO the DAO options are just plain superior for teaching pistol craft. TDA's just take a lot more training to become competent. Competence is what you really want with a handgun for defense and that takes training. When you decide on a weapon get a holster that goes with it. My first choice for a first handgun is the Glock 19. It does everything well. It's a DAO and is priced right, much less than the H&K. Here's another thing. If given a choice most female LEO's choose a Glock 19.
whitehood

Postby mesarsjls » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm

I let my wonderful brother use my SP01 while I broke in my new S&W. He tapped me on the shoulder and with a smile said" look, I drew six circles on the target and hit five of them from 50ft!" I said... ya missed one though. Well, smart ass, he said... here's six rounds... you try. I promptly hit all six circles from 50ft.

Truth is... it's not me... it's the SP01. What a fabulous weapon!
mesarsjls

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols