>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 2075 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:17 pm

I was never notified of these (your) posts Keyman! It was during that time period that most notifications ceased. It wasn't until today that I got a notice of your post. Sorry about missing them til now.

This remains to be on my short list of 9mm's. It's an extremely attractive handgun and from the sounds of it is pretty darn reliable too. That is a formula for success IMO! Now it appears from the #2 picture that you're using a magazine from another model. Tell us what you've got there, please? That would be mighty handy at the range. The standard mag would be more than adequate for CC. Keyman, have you picked up a trigger gauge yet? I'd like to hear more about the trigger. What do you think of it?

One more thing; it's pretty bad when you take a gun to the range just to get it dirty! I have to admit though that I take them out of my safe once in a while and clean them for something to do! So I guess it's not too unusual! LOL!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks for your reply, tig. When I wrote the post below, I was afraid you had gone for good. I'm glad you're back. We've both had a couple of good chuckles since you returned.

The magazine that is in the picture is a factory mag. Two of them came w/the gun. When I saw them, it pretty well made up my mind to buy the gun. They make the gun feel gooood.

The first dealer that I went to to buy the Kimber, insulted me with his offer for the gun that I wanted to trade. I bought the gun a few days later from another dealer that is even closer to me than the first. However, the one that I bought the gun from doesn't have the merchandise in his shop that the first one has.

When I went to the first dealer to see about a holster for the new Kimber, it was obvious that they didn't want me in their store, so I left. They were the ones that were going to get the trigger guages, but it looks like I have crapped in my nest, as far as they are concerned.

There is another gun show here in my town tomorrow and Sunday. I will look for one there.

The CZ is still doing just fine. It is the one that I keep on the bed w/me all the time. It is one fine shooter. You should try one. I think you'd like it. It is the only 40 cal that I have.
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 pm

This is a sharp looking pistol and it's size appears to be a good cross between too large and too small. With the cost of firearms these days, you have to be sure that what you're putting your money down for is right, the first time. They're like a car, drive them off the lot and they lose 25% of their value. This one looks like a winner though!

I'd never walk into that other dealers shop again. Sounds like he's got a real insecurity problem there. Guys like that will eventually go out of business if they don't change their ways. Being fair and informed will bring back far more customers than a big chip on your shoulder will. I've got a shop that acts the same way. I really like doing my shopping at a gun show. Those people want your business and know that if they don't treat you right, there's a hundred more dealers that will. The shop with a nice inventory and a good gunsmith is a real treat when you find one. Tell the other shop that treats you right why you're returning. It lets them know that they're reaching their customers in a positive way!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:07 pm

tig . . . as far as the trigger is concerned, I don't notice it being any harder to pull than any on my other guns. I have no idea if it is a 3, 4, or 5 lb. pull.

Of course the second and subsequent pulls are much easier.

I looked for a trigger pull at the gun show, but to no avail. Still five bullets for this fine piece of machinery ! ! !
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey Keyman,

I found my trigger gauge on EBay for a steal. It's an RCBS tension gauge and works very well. They've got digital models out there that are nice but are considerably more $$$. The one I got was used but still has lots of pulls left. If you're still looking, check there. I think I spent $10 bucks for mine!

tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks, tig . . . I don't go to Ebay very often, but I'll give it a try. I'd really like to have one, but they don't seem to be available in my neck of the woods.

I just posted on the Kimber Ultra Carry II thread. If you have the time, give it a looksee.

I didn't take my CZ 2075 to the range, today, because it shoots so good that I only take it about every third time, just to keep it in good shooting order and to be sure that it gets a good cleaning. It still rates a good solid five bullets.

Incidentally, that EEZOX cleaner is really great.
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:45 pm

I knew you'd like the Eezox! I'm spoiled with the dry film it leaves on the firearm. No fingerprinting is a real plus! I'll check in on the Kimber later on. I'm on my way out. Bye...

tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:06 pm

If anyone is wondering just how big this gun is, I put it along side of my Kimber Ultra Carry II. Identical ! ! I knew they would be close just looking at them, but side by side confirmed it.

Tig has turned me on to the Hogue grips, and each gun has one. Believe you me, they are really great. If you don't have one, I highly recommend them.

While I have your attention, I took the gun (along w/some others) to the range yesterday and fired another 25 rounds with no mishaps of any kind. I shoot just 25 to keep it active. The patterns are very good. Couldn't be happier.
keyman

Postby fox8283 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello, new to the site. i do have a question for everyone. I currently own a glock 17 and a xd 45 cal. looking to getting a sub compact or compact gun for conceal carry. I am down to 2 choices and was wondering if anyone could help me out. my choice are the cz 2075 or the walter pps. what are the pros and cons for both and what would you get? They are both 40 cal.
fox8283

Postby fox8283 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:15 pm

also whats a good holster for the cz 2075, and can you get trudot sights for them?
fox8283

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols