>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta Px4 Storm Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am

Kenobi, IMHO, I always have to recommend the Colt 1911 when someone asks about a 45.

I have owned/carried one for more yrs than I care to remember, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. But I'm not one who really keeps up with things much until I feel the need to buy a new Gun. There might be something newer that's just as good?? I can't say better!

It's probably the most popular 45/Pistol ever made and has been proven with time, and reliability is what I'm and most others are most concerened with when it comes to any weapon.

Good Luck!
Gloc9mm

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 am

*Kenobi, IMHO, I always have to recommend the Colt 1911 when someone asks about a 45.

I have owned/carried one for more yrs than I care to remember, and have had no problems with it whatsoever. But I'm not one who really keeps up with things much until I feel the need to buy a new Gun, other than the comments made here. There might be something newer that's just as good?? But I don't personally feel there is any better!

It's probably the most popular 45/Pistol ever made and has been proven with time.

You can find a million comments/Bullet Ratings about just about every weapon made to your left under the "Pistols" section. But you do need to go thru each Brand that's made in a 45, or I think you can also pull it up as well under each individule Cal. (45, 9mm etc) to make it easier. I just don't want to go look and lose this entire post.

(I can't type!)lol

Good Luck!
Gloc9mm

Postby markej4801 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Gloc9mm, do you own a PX4 Storm in .45cal? Have you personally compared it to a 1911? That would be something that could add a lot of weight to your recommendation, but without that comparison, I think the whole "I love me some 1911" really doesn't shed much light. The 1911 is indeed a formidable handgun, one which nears perfection. That being said, there are new generations to consider, guns with lots to offer that are not built on that older (WELL respected) platform. Worth looking into, IMHO.
markej4801

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:59 pm

No I do not own one, but have used one and personally I felt although it was ok, I didn't love it or I would have bought one! I was answering a request for info on 45's from another member below. He received my "opinion", which I will stand by!

We all may have an opinion as do you, but that makes neither of us incorrect. That's why they are called opinions, and I know in what I had stated, many here also share the same "Opinion"!

*See ("IMHO"....). I also stated ""There might be something newer that's just as good?? But I don't personally feel there is any better"" and again I will stand by that as well!

(I don't play this "My Gun is better than your's" kid crap!)
Gloc9mm

Postby Mr.OneShot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:13 pm

This is my first handgun purchase. I bought my storm (.40cal) at a gun show about 3 weeks ago. The guns design is very ergonomic, and it feels as if it was "made" just for my hand! Weight distribution is well balance, and shooting this machine is fun (although very loud at night lol). I decided to buy this gun from all of the positive reviews from this website. I' am now in the market for a good holster.
Mr.OneShot

Postby Mr.OneShot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm

On the subjects of holsters for this handgun, the above link doesn't work. Does anyone know of a good type and brand of holster that works well with the storm? Thanks in advance.
Mr.OneShot

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 am

Good morning Sir! If I were you I'd take a good look at High Noon Holsters. This a quality holster design from a pretty sharp outfit! Let me know what you think!! http://www.highnoonholsters.com/index.html
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Rerun201 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 am

@Mr.OneShot

You've touched on one of my favorite topics.

It's all in what your needs are-field use, concealed carry, range, what have you. Most people here are interested in concealed carry so I'm going to address that area.

My personal preference for a CC holster is inside the waistband or IWB. IWB carry takes some getting used to, but when you adapt to it, it is easy to conceal a pistol with a waist length or longer jacket or just a shirt tail hanging out. The draw motion is smooth and easy.

My personal best CC IWB holster is the Texas Heritage from Tucker.

http://tuckergunleather.com/teheiwb.html

It is comfortable as it is made of leather and does not have a reinforced mouth. Some think a reinforced mouth is a necessity so that one can re-holster quickly. My thinking is the primary consideration is to be able to draw and put the pistol into action quickly. You can take your time when re-holstering once you have brought the situation back to where it needs to be.

However, if you feel you must have a holster with an open mouth, look at Garrett Industries Silent Thunder.

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/products/Silent-Thunder-IWB.html

Garrett uses a proprietary process to bond a leather lining to the interior surface of a kydex holster body. This has two big pluses-it protects your finish a bit better and it really makes the holster quiet.

I've been carrying concealed on a daily basis for over 3 decades. I have used a variety of holsters over these years-various manufacturers, various styles from IWB, hip, shoulder, ankle, and butt/belly pack. For me, IWB is the best method of concealed carry. These holsters are ones I personally own and use. Both companies are great to deal with. And both of these holsters give you the option to carry in "tuckable" fashion, with your shirt tucked in your waistband over the holster to conceal the firearm. Not an option I use, especially with the PX4 due to its size, but it is an option. And, seeing as you're in SC, an option you might want to consider as your heat and humidity are a bit higher than here in Michigan.
Rerun201

Postby Mr.OneShot » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks to tigwelder56 and Rerun201 for the very informative posts. I' am leaning more towards the IWB holsters bc of the excellent concealability. I have to do more research on the two sites you two provided me. Decisions decisions lol. Thanks again!
Mr.OneShot

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Hello again Mr. Oneshot, after reviewing this thread again and seeing the comments/recommendations from Rerun, I wanted to provide you with two additional holster manufacturers. I should've provided them earlier but it's better late than never! Especially with these two companies.

The Crossbreed holster is a very inovative one and they provide several options in IWB, OWB and alternative position holsters. I don't own one yet, but I'm currently looking for a new IWB myself. I do have friends that do use them and swear by the Super Tuck model of IWB's. Comfort is absolutely excellent with it and that's real important because it does take some getting use to carrying IWB. The second company is a local one for me. I met the owner at a gun show here and he took my new Bersa Thunder UC and selected what he thought would be the perfect IWB for it. I never looked back! What is truly remarkable about this holster is the fabric it's made with. It's some kind of super adhesive material that holds the gun firmly in place without the need for belt clips. It isn't literally sticky stuff that clings to you or your clothing, it just seems like it!! I frequently use it to carry my Bersa and love it. They have reinforced mouth models as well. I selected the reinforced model because it does simplify reholstering alot. When I climb in and out of my vehicle, I will often put the gun in a car holster instead of having it dig into my back. You'll see what I mean once you start to carry. Take a look at these two links. I'm sure you'll find them interesting and certainly should complicate your decision!! Sorry about that, lol!

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

http://www.remoraholsters.com/
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols