>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Llama Max-I Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Corpsman27 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Just traded for a Max-I L/F. Little bit of feeding issues when dirty, but great gun so far. How can I figure the manufacturing date?
Corpsman27

Postby rhcracker » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am

Ive had a llama max 1 c/f since 95 when I puchaced it new.

It is very dependable with round ball ammo,but does not feed hollow Point well,other than that it is a great shooter.

Oh and L/F is for long frame,and C/F is compact frame.
rhcracker

Postby Gunman2010 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I have a Llama Max-1 LF which I received in trade for an other gun. I haven't had a problem with feed, fire or extract. I did find that using lead bullets fouled the barrel quite badly and nothing I tried got the barrel to not foul. I noticed that it also shoot about a foot low at 35 yrds. I went over it with a fine toothed comb and found that the barrel bushing was loose, the barrel link was loose and I didn't like the recoil spring guide pin. I ordered a new match barrel Match Bushing .268 link and full length recoil guide pin. It took a few hours to get everything working but now it groups where I point it and the group is tight. Polishing the feed ramp on the new barrel made it feed like a dream. I think the money for the parts was well spent and I enjoyed the work. The outcome was rewarding.
Gunman2010

Postby spindandy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I have a Llama 1X=A satin chrome. I put a fully adjustible LPA sight on it last week. I took it out to adjust the sights today and it was so close, I couldn't justify adjusting the new sight. I was astonished to say the least. I have shot this weapon approxmately 60 times and it has never misfired. I have lost a grip screw and tried one from my Colt. Would not fit. Does anyone have a grip screw they can part with?
spindandy

Previous

Return to Pistols