>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby jmarks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:03 pm

I purchased this gun about a year and a half ago. Nothing but problems from the first pull of the trigger. It jammed probably 75% of the time, fixed that with the fluff and buff from the ktog website. I also found ammo that the gun likes, has to be 147 grain or it will jam. I sent several emails to kel tec, with no response. I carry this gun, now that the feed problem is fixed, on a daily basis. The back of the slide rests against my skin, guess what, completely rusted from the slide release to the back. Emailed them again about this problem. They actually responded, claiming they answer all emails, ok. Told me I should oil my gun every night, finish is not covered under warranty, though you could purchase a different slide with a better finish. I am very anal about with my firearms, whether they cost 300 or 1200, they are all taken care of. So I am very disappointed with this firearm. Do yourself a favor, if you're considering purchasing this gun, put the +/-$300 towards anything else. When I purchased this gun, the dealer told me "you get what you pay for", wish i would've listened.
jmarks

Postby epwrangler » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Different strokes for different folks. I recently built a shed which was a great kit. I have read good reviews and poorof it. It becomes obvious that some have no talent or skill with tools and others think they shold get three car garage for a grand. Ain't oing to happen. This gun is no Kimber 1911 but it is not a piece of junk either. If you were unsatisfied wiith it then do as I have done with others, either sell or trade it and go on to something you like better. don't think I would be happy with a Tarus Judgebut what the heck lots of people are. Nuff said.
epwrangler

Postby Patriot1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Does anyone here ankle carry this gun? Looking into sub-compact 9mms for a back-up weapon and was wondering if anyone has some experience in ankle carry. Seems to be a good little gun from all of my research. :)
Patriot1

Postby Gunsnbikes » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:10 am

Patriot1 - I ankle carry this gun quite often in a cheapo ankle holster that I picked up from sportmansguide.com. It hides really well there and draws quickly. I have been a big fan of my little PF9 and I highly recommend it whether you want to ankle carry, IWB carry, or waist carry.
Gunsnbikes

Postby Missionx5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 am

My PF9 was sent back to the factory for the 3rd time two weeks ago. It will carry anywhere sure. But CS from Keltec is extremely slow. From my experience with my PF9 it is unreliable at best. When it fires it shoots strait, but it has spent more time with Keltec than in my hands since I bought it brand new.
Missionx5

Postby saylurman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Misionx5 it seems this is not the gun for you. Just happens, sometimes. I have another cheap nine that people rave about and I can't get it to work. Luckily, it is neither small and lightweight nor accurate . . . so tossing it out to someone who loves it is easy.
saylurman

Postby Patriot1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Thanks gunsnbikes! This gun is at the top of my list... now to save up some money for it (sigh.... ammo cost is eating into my gun fund).
Patriot1

Postby Missionx5 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

After waiting and waiting I called Keltec CS Thursday. They called me back Friday to inform me that my PF9 would be replaced with a completely different firearm. (Third Time Back) So let me just say I hope this one is not a lemon. I don't want to go another year w/o a CC. Keltec had it 5 out of the 7 months I owned it. Keep track of your receipts, its the only way you will get a refund.
Missionx5

Postby Glenmo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:44 pm

My Kel tec .32 had problems when I first got it .Sent it back to kel tec & they fixed all the BUGS..Be patient as years ago my Beretta .25 jet fire had a major defect & had to go back ..All 5 Jet fires on the Gun Shops Shelf had same defect & went back to factory..It just goes to show you NOTHING IS PERFECT..
Glenmo

Postby Missionx5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

I am finished with Kel tec. My firearm has been in three times. Third time is a "charm," they "replace" it. Shoddy CS, workmanship ect. I fired my "brand new" "replacement" yesterday. Three rounds three jams. I promptly unloaded it and it is packed ready to go. It would be best for their company if they issued a full refund. Through this long process I have given them every benefit of the doubt and then some. I am extremely dissatisfied with KT.
Missionx5

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols