>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 9000S Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby RebTL » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 pm

I just bought this gun .40 9000s hopefully to be my ccw. I've yet to give it a run, as well as my Ruger P95 that i've had now for almost three weeks. Nevertheless, what holsters are y'all using with the Beretta? I've found a Don Hume Yaqui Slide On, but needed some recommendations before purchasing. Moreover, what brands are y'all cycling though it? I was given Winchester Ranger 155gr, but again I won't know if it cycles good until testing.
RebTL

Postby RebTL » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Finally got a chance to give the gun a chance, and I'm content with it. I fired 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 180gr with no problems, but I was having problems with the Winchester Ranger 155gr with too much recoil. I guess the Rangers have way too much bang for me. I'm going to try out Magtech Guardian Gold JHP and Hornady TAP JHP to see if there is less recoil.
RebTL

Postby rogerramjet » Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 am

Just picked up my gun on 5-11-07,One sweet gun I forgot how little recoil the 9mm has. I shot remington ball and federal hyda-shok thru the gun without any problems. This is know my cc pistol. I normally shoot my glock 23 however the recovery of this pistol is faster then the 40 S&W. I don't know why Beretta stop making this gun, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a handgun that is easy to conceal. and best of all you can use the full size Beretta 92 magazines with the aftermarket sleeve.
rogerramjet

Postby mongoosezoe » Thu May 17, 2007 10:48 am

I have left feed back eariler in the year about the 9000. I have had nothing but bad luck with the one I had but, it seems alot of you have had very good luck with it. I really like the gun other than the fact mine gammed so many times. If I could find a good one, I would buy another 9000. 40cal. At tghis time I am buyong the new sub compact M&P smith&wessen in the 40cal with the interchangable back straps. The gun looks nice, but I will find out how it shoot later in this month. Have any of you seen the sub comapct M&P 40cals yet ?
mongoosezoe

Postby talionstallion21 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:47 pm

I finally got to use the 9000s again (see my first comments on 2/26/07). I put 100 rounds of Winchester white box thru it without any problems. Most of the 100 were double and triple taps, rapid fire, to see if there would be any problems. It worked fine thru the box. I was strictly defensive firing from 3 to 5 yards, again using an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper as a center mass target, drawing from my OWB holster. I have difficulty with the first shot which is double action and long -- I am pulling that one low, but the other single action shots are on target. I have determined I am not comfortable with the grip, which is different than the other Beretta's I have and my Para Ordnance. Again, I need to practice with this gun more. I continue to give this gun 4 stars -- my other Beretta's get 5 stars.
talionstallion21

Postby MagnumAl » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:34 pm

This is my most reliable pistol I own- for sure my goto gun. It is a bit wide for summertime carry (at least around my rather round waist). I have easily put 1000 rounds through mine, not a misfeed or a jam. Puppy flies straight to 20 yards, which is bloody awesome for a compact. No recoil at all, I could shoot it all day.

My only wish is that this workhorse could carry more then 10 in the mag.
MagnumAl

Postby muckleroy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:40 am

OMG! What a piece of crap gun. I have had a 92FS for years, and it is a perfect gun. I got this 9000s last December and it has broken twice! The first time I fired about 250 rounds through it and then it would only fire double action. So you'd have to uncock the trigger to make it fire. I sent it back to Beretta to be repaired. Two months, $37 dollars, and 150 rounds later it does the same thing. Works only in double action. I'm taking the gun back to the dealer today, and I am going to ask them to request a new gun from Beretta! I'm not happy with this gun at all, and I am very surprised that it has the Beretta name on it.
muckleroy

Postby MagnumAl » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Muckle, any idea what happened to it? Just curious in case it happens to mine. Mine still performs flawlessly. Although it is no longer my primary carry gun, as it is a bit wide. However, if I am going into a high risk environment, this puppy with 4 extra mags would be my top choice of my current firearms.
MagnumAl

Postby muckleroy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:29 pm

I sent it back to Beretta. I demanded that they REPLACE this gun with another one. I couldn't imagine Beretta having such a piece of crap with their name on it, unless it was just a bad gun, not a bad design.

After about 10 weeks, and another $42.50 for shipping etc... I recevied a replacement 9000s with the original clip and 2 new clips with the gun.

So after about 700 rounds no repeat failure. I carry a glock 27, after what happened with me I'll never trust the 9000s as my carry gun.
muckleroy

Postby MagnumAl » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am

Well, glad they made it right. I have heard their customer service is pretty good. Now that the gun is discontinued I worry that if there is a problem with the design, it will be difficult to receive a refund or replacement.

I would carry a glock, but I just think they are too darned ugly :) And in my state, you cannot buy them new, refurbished ones cost around 500 bucks a whack.
MagnumAl

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols