>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point 40/45 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Boone » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:02 am

I have a Hi-Point 40 and it is heavy,but accurate.There has been a few jams and not with just one type of ammo.I have ran about 300 rounds through it and I think once I have ran about a 1000 rounds through it ,it will work out of any jams.The price is good,and as I said it is an accurate pistol and I do like shooting it.It just takes a bit to get used to.I do like the gun and I would buy anouther one in a diffarent calliber.As I said before it is hard to put back together when you clean it,once that gets workedout it will be an awesome gun.
Boone

Postby jon1340 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:53 pm

I had the hipoint .40 for about three months, the weight made it hard to carry conceiled no problems I shot a box of shells every other day in it. probaly would be a good night stang gun, but I keep my AR ARMS reach from the bed
jon1340

Postby Boone » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm

I still like ny 40 Hi-Point it is an awesome weapon,but like a fool I went out and got a Sig Sauer 40 short for the conceal perpose.It's a good weapon but has a long trigger pull.It is an accurate weapon also but you have get used to the trigger pull.I carry it,but my weapon of choice at home is the Hi-Point.It is still within my reach at home.
Boone

Postby roncodrummer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Love BOTH of my HiPoints the .40 cal and the C9 9mm
roncodrummer

Postby MR40CAL » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Getting close to 1000 rds thru my .40 and like any weapon but especially the blow back design it is a little picky with ammo. No problems with pmc brass or aquila or magtech but it doesn't like winchester white box. I'm guessing it has to do with the strength of the load and whether or not the slide goes back completely before returning to battery. I'll use just about anything for target practice but only Hornady Critical Defense for protection.
MR40CAL

Postby roncodrummer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:24 pm

MR40CAL- I contacted HiPoint and was told they recommend Blazer, UMC, Remington, and Lawman in 165 gr and heavier. They DO NOT recommend Winchester white box, Wolf, Silver Bear, or ANY Russian ammo for any of the HiPoint firearms
roncodrummer

Postby MR40CAL » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks Ronco that will be helpful in future ammo purchases. The problem caused me to polish the feed ramp and the outside of the chamber. it looks pretty cool thru the ejection port.
MR40CAL

Postby roncodrummer » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm

MR40CAL- I have been using Blazer 180 gr. with excellent results in both my HiPoint .40 and my Bersa Ultra Compact Pro .40. Get them at our local Farm & Fleet store for $14.00 a box of 50 rds. I use the Blazer 115 gr in my 9 mm's and they love it. I use the Hornady Personal Defense rounds for CCW.
roncodrummer

Postby travlinsam » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Just purchased a Hi-Point .45 ACP and took it to the range the next day. Ran 50 rounds of ammo through it with no problems whatsoever. With all the hype and haters out there, all I can say is...I really enjoyed shooting this gun. My wife, who never shot a .45 before, shot it accurately and had not issues...the only thing she said was that it was a bit top heavy, but it didn't bother her at all.

I look forward to shooting a lot more with this gun...I never owned a .45 before and wanted to have a little range time with one before I took the leap and spent $700 - $1,500 for a "quality" handgun. I think the only issue I'll have is that I will be always comparing it to my inexpensive but fun and accurate HP .45 ACP.

I think a lot of the problems people do have with HPs is the peer pressure they get from all of the gun snobs out there. Even the dealers don't give you a break...when I bought mine, the dealer who provided the FFL function (they don't carry HPs) said that when I wanted to get rid of it, just throw it into a lake. He also said that even if I offered it to them for $5 they wouldn't buy if from me. Sooooo tired of gun snobs...they really make shooting less enjoyable.
travlinsam

Postby roncodrummer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm

travlinsam- I know with my HiPoint .40 caliber, the heavy slide on the gun seems to help bring it back to center of aim after recoil. As for the gun snobs, I say screw em! I've turned some pretty devout Glock-heads into HP fans and owners. They would be a great handgun at twice the price. Given the lifetime warranty on them, the service you receive, and the sheer fun of shooting them. Love both the .40 caliber and my C 9 compact 9mm
roncodrummer

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols