>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 SK Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 am

Ofcourse... *Smiles*
BLADESKATER00

Postby whitehood » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 pm

This is my next pistol. My USP is starting to show its age.The Customs and Border Protection guys love theirs. Sure it's expensive, but what is your life worth? The Glock is a better buy and much better choice for the average or part time shooter.
whitehood

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:19 pm

I think its more a matter of preference--highly reliable guns can be had cheaper than H&K, e.g., CZ pistols. Considering that tax payers money is being used to pay for federal employees guns--a much cheaper highly reliable alternative would be the best approach!
BLADESKATER00

Postby whitehood » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

The FBI uses Glocks. There's a lot that goes into weapon selection for a particular agency and like a lot of things in the US we're behind the 8 ball when it comes to innovation. The Smith&Wesson M&P is about the only new thing out there from the US. The Springfield Armory XD is really from Croatia. Still I understand what you're talking about. Smith at one time led the world in innovation in the world of semi-autos, but for a variety of reasons, some of their own making and some related to our government they lost it. The rollout of the Colt 2000 was poorly planned and nearly left them bankrupt. Then there is Ruger which makes a nice weapon, but certainly nothing in the class of the Sig or H&K.
whitehood

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 am

I agree whitehood--good post!
BLADESKATER00

Postby Stormtown » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 am

You guys are missing the point..

yeah, the government uses Glocks, and so what..!

they are not concerned with safety's, and single/double action, but most importantly, they are looking at the bottom line, which is cost..!!

the FBI probably pays about $250 for a Glock, and would have to pay $500 for and H&K, and i find the slandering of this gun to be a personal insult, for i am a very proud German American, and if you guys really want to think about it, my bloodline produced, and still produces, some of the most advanced weapons, automobiles, etc. ever known to man..

if you drive a car or truck with a V-8 engine, or use a 9mm weapon, thanks my ancestors..!

The US army still uses Beretta, because they want two things, to have reliability and cost effectiveness as well..

my basis for this reply is some of the comments made in previous posts.. Look, if you want to hype up your gun, then do it on that guns discussion page, not here..
Stormtown

Postby whitehood » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:36 am

Whoa padna, If you read my posts you'll understand I carry an H&K USP and my next pistol is going to be the P2000. No one is slandering anything German here. However, since when does the government do anything for cost effectiveness? Government and LEA's ARE concerned about safeties and the type of actions and that is part of what they select. Still if you do look at costs Glock kicks butt. They have the highest after tax profit margin in the business. Production cost of the average Glock is a little over 75 dollars per unit and almost perfect service with just about any little extra you want.
whitehood

Postby g4l » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 am

Isn't this for reviewing the HK?

I have a P2000; it's a damn good pistol, and worth the price. I have multiple Glocks; also damn good pistols, yet lacking the finesse of an Hk or Sig.

If You don't want to spend $900 on an Hk, don't, but a Glock is not a cheaper substitute, it's a totally different pistol. It should be compared with pistols in it's category, like XD, M&P, SR9, etc. Hk is more on par with Sig.
g4l

Postby Str8Shooter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 am

I think the HK and Glock discussion comes down to personal preference for most people. Different guns feel different and shoot different for different people. I have shot a Glock and will never own but won't claim it isn't a good firearm but for me it does not compare to the two HKs I own in many ways.

I am a police officer and my dept recently went to the M&Ps which are an ok firearm and YES a big reason for LE choosing a firearm is the price. Smith and glock give LE huge price deals. There are two PDs near my dept that carry HKs likely because they are smaller depts and have the money for a superb firearm. This last year a neighboring major 6000 officer dept got rid of ALL their glocks and went to the M&Ps due to 3 incidents where they glocks would not fire in real life use of force situations. This dept demanded that glock address the faulty mechanism in ALL the depts guns which they refused to do. This is the first instance I've heard of faulty glocks but I have never heard of a common problem with H&Ks and if something did have to be addressed from what I hear H&K is promt to address it.
Str8Shooter

Postby whitehood » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I have to agree with g4l, the pistol is worth the price but I'll preface it with it's not a weapon for the beginner or untrained. Part of the fun of this is the discussion involved and people's personal preference. Some true pistol guru's like Chuck Taylor love the Glock and think the TDA's traditional double actions are solutions in search of a problem. Others prefer TDA's. Still some others are SA guys. I think what is important is how you shoot the weapon and what you're going to use it for.
whitehood

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols