>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 SK Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby g4l » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:38 pm

concerto, They come in different variants, the V3 model is My choice (P2000). The model has a de-cocking button on the back of the slide, the gun then becomes a double action first shot (unless You cock the hammer), and single on the succeeding shots.

P2000 V1

DA/SA

P2000 V2

LEM DAO

P2000 V3

SA/DA with de-cocking.
g4l

Postby cobblecanyon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:58 am

Bought 2 extra mags from cheaperthandirt for my p2k .40 v3. The issue I had prior where after the last rd fired and the slide fail to lock open in the 1st 100rds I put through the gun is non-existance no more. It is working flawlessly after another 300rds were put through it using different ammos. I have a total of 500rds through this subcompact in 1month and it's working without any hitches.

From my personal experience, I feel my p2k .40 v3 is loving the 165grain ammo more. For me, hands down the best weight grain for a sub-compact.

Very comfortable with the grip now and very comfortable to carry around.
cobblecanyon

Postby jobpatto » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:14 pm

"concerto", I use the V2 which is the LEM (Law Enforcement Modification). If you can try one in a store it would make more sense but this is how it works.

The hammer stays down when your finger is off the trigger. In order to fire, you pull the trigger back with VERY light force to bring the hammer back. You will then feel a point where it stops and then it is in traditional single action mode. As long as your finger is on the trigger you can't tell the difference between it and normal SA versions.

When you remove your finger from the trigger the hammer returns to the down position, even though it is technically cocked, in its own version of single-action mode.

I went with this version for my CCW because I did not want an external safety but I wanted to be able to carry chambered with relative safety. The bottom line is that it you can still do double-taps and put rounds down range as quickly and as accurately as the traditional SA/DA variants. It is in no way a standard Double Action Only.

FYI - If for some reason you dry fire it or a round fails to fire, it then goes into traditional double action mode with a heavy 10.5 lb pull. Once the slide is racked, it goes back to the LEM mode.

Sorry for the long explaination, it will make much more sense if you can try one out in a store.
jobpatto

Postby jobpatto » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Just attached a Laserlyte FSL Sub Compact Laser to the rail of my SK and posted a picture. It fits perfectly, in fact the Laserlyte package even has it attached to an SK. At 50' I could do just as well with the 3-dot sights but it holsters perfectly and I can't even tell it is on there when firing. I believe it will be a huge low-light advantage!
jobpatto

Postby cobblecanyon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 am

jobpatto - I am considering a Laserlyte FSL laser for my SK also. After having it for about 1 wk now, what are the pros/cons of having it? Thanks.
cobblecanyon

Postby Thomasas06 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Hey ladies and gents. I have a Smith and Wesson M&P .40 that I bought last summer. I absolutely love the gun, but the problem is that it's just a little too big to carry around comfortably. For those of you that own the P2000 SK, I have a few questions:

a) how comfortable is this little beast to carry around in an IWB (I understand that it's pretty thick)? b) can it be carried in an ankle holster? c) does HK offer a model with an external safety? d) how accurate is it?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy shooting!
Thomasas06

Postby titangr » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 pm

Just purchased an SK and put 200 rounds thru it. I love the way it shoots and feels. The trigger pull will take a little getting used to though!
titangr

Postby jobpatto » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 am

"Cobblecanyon" - Sorry for the late reply. There were no real cons to putting that particular laser on because it is so small and fits fine in my nylon IWB holster. That being said, it is not magic and I find that I can do just as well with the iron sights in regular light conditions. In low-light however, it is awesome. I use the SK for concealed carry and this is why I chose it over night sights when ordering the gun...and they were comparable prices.
jobpatto

Postby BLADESKATER00 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 pm

H&K has a reputation for reliability--but this gun is cheaply made and overpriced. A Glock of the same size would be the better choice for polymer. On the hammer version (version 3) the trigger is too heavy and long. The above stats list the length as 6.42", but its really 6.5 inches. And the barrel length is not 3.27" its 2.5 inches--the barrel and barrel block are 3.2". I measured my own gun. In addition a gun of this size should at least have a 12 round magazine--this is not a small gun. Oh and unless the shooter has a small hand the magazine base plate gets in the way--flat plates are made to correct this. And finally if you must have this pistol--don't pay over $800.
BLADESKATER00

Postby g4l » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:39 am

If You check HK's website, THEY list the measurements; same as labeled here. I agree the SK is a bit big for a sub-compact, but I think it is well built, accurate (more accurate then Glock, the P-2000 is on par with My Kimbers) ...and worth the price. I have experience shooting about 50 rounds from a .357sig SK, and I own the compact .40 P2000, both being the V3 models (SA/DA). The whole point of the V3 is to have a long & heavy first trigger pull do to the lack of a manual safety. Please check the link since the stats came directly from HK.

http://www.hk-usa.com/p2000sk_specs.html
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols