>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK P2000 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby bcjwriter » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Hey, just got word from someone on the federal side that the slides are breaking in the front where the recoil spring rod goes through the slide's face. (Basically the lower portion breaks off. They are using the hot 155 grain loads. Just a heads up for everyone...
bcjwriter

Postby mgde14 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:34 am

Which rail does H&K use on the P2000 Weaver or Picatinny?
mgde14

Postby g4l » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 am

Ive owned My P2000 V3 for awhile now and can say the reliability is on par with My Glocks. I recently tested some different defensive ammo and it ate everything perfectly. I usually have it loaded with DPX, but I ran Ranger T 180g & 165g, Extreme Shock FF 165g, and Federal Tac Bonded 180g.

One thing I will admit is I just can't get used to the transition from double action to single. I absolutely hate the heavy initial first trigger pull, (but must practice since the gun is carried hammer down) and wish HK would throw a thumb safety on the gun and make it strictly single action.
g4l

Postby scot228 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm

I bought the HK P30 in 9mm and after running 50 rounds through it I have to say its one of the finest guns I have ever shot-en, I am going out thursday and picking up the P2000 SK. For the record I have had Seyer,Kahr,Springfield XD, and a glock. HK for me NO COMPROMISE
scot228

Postby mojitojimmy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 am

I bought the .40 version of the P2K. I didn't know much about the ammo as this is my 1st semi-auto. I cleaned the weapon before going to the range. I had Federal, Winchester, Remington, DPX, PMC, Monarch ammo, all in different grains. I went to the range yesterday and fired over 250 rounds and never expereienced any negatives. This gun is incredible. Very negligible kick and the feel is very natural to my hand. The heavier grain seems to have a bit more kick but I am stoked now! I will be hitting the range often. Thanks for the reviews which helped me make my decision!
mojitojimmy

Postby SpringfieldJunky » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

I just bought an HK P2000SK in 9mm. It's high ratings and glowing reviews are well deserved. Took it to the range right out of the box and put 100 rounds through it with not even a hint of a hiccup. It performed flawlessly and is EXTREMELY accurate. I carry this weapon and it conceals great. Love this gun and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable, accurate quality CCW.
SpringfieldJunky

Postby LovehammeYYZ » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Put 200 rounds through the 9mm. I found the trigger pull a little long, and the recoil though better than most still doesn't compare to my Smith and Wesson M&P. Definitely a quality firearm, but I find the M&P a better gun, especially at less money.
LovehammeYYZ

Postby bazzo76 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 pm

H&K quality shines in my 9mm p2000. Like the HK45c the quality is outstanding and I have had zero issues. H&K's true ambi platforms provide for the best combat firearms given the worse of scenarios (strong arm injured for example). Accurate, tough, reliable and proven you can't go wrong with H&K. No Compromise. I have the LEM trigger which I also have on my 45 compact. If I could only get the glock trigger in the H&K or a bobbed hammer (second strike ability) on a Glock...either way would win me over 100%
bazzo76

Postby whitehood » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 am

I really like this pistol. I was talking to a firearms instructor who teaches at a federal facility and he had a few comments about it, especially with the LEM trigger. He said, he personally liked it, but it wasn't his personal favorite. He further stated it to be everything he thought it would be. Accurate, ergonomically correct and above extremely reliable. He also said this. It was a difficult weapon to teach to those with little to no prior handgun experience. Food for thought for those who are looking at a first handgun and are attracted to H&K quality/ reputation and are willing to pay for it.
whitehood

Previous

Return to Pistols