>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 26 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby 1945 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:43 am

Almost forgot, 5 stars for sure.

Postby jts31888 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to put a .357 conversion barrell in a G26? If so, is there anything else I would have to change?
jts31888

Postby Dice » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:08 am

Ive checked in to it a little - I know that the .40/.357 mags will fit, but they only make the barrel conversion for the .40 as far as I can find. I think that the problem lies in the extractor - the .40 wont fit.
Dice

Postby whompuss » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:50 pm

I changed to the Glock 26 two years ago and it is a great carry pistol. I added an aftermarket ported bbl and accuracy at 25 yds is good with Remington military ball practice ammo, better with Corbon +p 124. Due to thickness it is not perfect for concealed carry with summer clothes, I drop back to a Sig 232 .380 for that.
whompuss

Postby fluxcap » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:41 pm

Ive had the g26 for about 6 months, firing a few hundred rounds, and have NOT had a single problem to speak of.

But for extras and upgrades Glock subcompacts do not come with a rail, so no tac light and limited lasers, unlike the Springfield xd subcompact.
fluxcap

Postby qncy_blw » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Wompuss, the glock 26 is my favorite carry gun also. Ive found that it is as accurate as most full size 9mms. My best groups(about 3 1/2 inches at 25 yards) is with Winchester 147gr subsonic JHPs. In the summer I usually carry mine in the strong side front pocket of a baggy pair of shorts. Although I sometimes use a pocket holster(placed in the strong side rear pocket), its more convenient to simply drop it down the front pocket, without a holster. Just make sure its deep enough for security and your pants baggy enough for concealability.
qncy_blw

Postby Artie_runs » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Okay, Im not an expert. Far from it. But Im not a Glock man either...far from that, too. I find that a lot of people who hype Glocks have never shot anything else. Many of them have never even shot a Glock, and they just buy into the hype themselves...give me one example of a Glock firing underwater in a life-or-death scenario! That said, these are good weapons and still the best Ive seen among polymers. They still arent my first choice, but I understand and agree with having a Glock for a duty piece or CCW. On the Glock 26, the trigger was smoother than I thought it would be (and much better than the XD), it cycled flawlessly, and my groups were 5 inches at 30 feet. Thats further than you should need to shoot with a sub-compact, too. The downside: Polymer is great, but it wears down quicker than steel and thats a big factor if you are shooting a weapon constantly at the range. I wouldnt bet my life on a gun I didnt know intimately from hours of range time, but if I had to carry a Glock I wouldnt feel outgunned. Id recommend a Glock to my loved ones, especially if they felt threatened and couldnt spend a lot of time at the range...and thats just what I did. Sorry if you Glock nuts think thats not a fair assessment, but there you go.
Artie_runs

Postby Ky-Glockman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 pm

Artie,I try to understand exactly what it is your saying but for one second you talking like you hate glocks then the next your talking like you love them. As far as your comment on glock weraing out so fast due to the poly frame well my brother in law has a 1st generation G17 which he is the third owner of and he checked it out on the internet and found out that his particular gun is at least 15 years old if not older and it still functions flawlessly. So much for your theory of fast wearing poly frames. Now im plenty aware of the fact that poly will were faster then steel frames but this is really only a factor when your wanting to have the gun last through you, your kids, then your grand kids. However its not a factor really when you want a good solid great performing gun that you can shoot plenty at the range and use for protection. Oh and i also thought that was a pretty good rating that you give the gun for it to only be kind of your use only when you have to gun.
Ky-Glockman

Postby g4l » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:38 am

I agree with the underwater statement, people hype that more than the factory, and ya, who cares unless your a navy seal or live under water, but one of my Glocks has 7000 and counting rounds on it and physically looks brand new, no marks but the break-in marks. Glocks are known to outlast most guns even when beaten on.
g4l

Postby Artie_runs » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Ky: Glocks are not my first choice, but they are good guns. Im more impressed with Glocks than with any other polymer pistol...XD, SW M&P, etc. In a self-defense auto pistol, a Glock would be a good choice. Im not trying to change the minds of people like you who are obviously Glock fans, but I am trying to present a fair personal opinion of the gun for people who are trying to decide how to be armed citizens.
Artie_runs

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols