>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther P22 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby NotUndeadYet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 am

Excellent little pistol, I bought one back in November. We've put close to 1000 rounds through it, and the only feeding or jamming issues were due to a box of CCI Stingers that had too much wax on them from the factory. I use either the CCI Stingers, or remington thunderbolts in mine.

With the smallish frame, light weight, and light recoil, this has been the weapon of choice for friends to shoot a pistol for the first time.

As far as for home defense or concealed carry, I've always believed in the adage "the best gun for defense is the one you have." Meaning, any is better than nothing. and train with what you have. While I would prefer she reach for one of the 9mms we have first, the fact that she can dump all ten rounds in the space of a grapefruit just as quick as she can pull the trigger makes me comfortable that she can protect herself with the P22.
NotUndeadYet

Postby JmzGaming » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:24 am

Great plinking/practice pistol! I use it as my practice pistol and really enjoy the recoil. There's not actually much recoil at all, but comparing it to a Ruger Mark or Browning Buckmark there's a noticeable kick. Tons of cool accessories available for this pistol. My P22 doesn't seem to like the Federal and Remington value packs very much. It shoots 100% reliable with CCI Mini Mags and the cheapest ammo I'm able to use reliably is the Winchester 333/555 value packs. I wish they made a high capacity magazine for this gun.
JmzGaming

Postby Snoopy60 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm

I've shot over 600 rds thru mine since I got it for Christmas. I had a few alibi's at first. But now I can shoot bulk ammo; Federal and Remingtion without any issues. I love shooting this fella. I use it as my CCW on a regular basis in a Galco Yaqui holster.
Snoopy60

Postby intercooler » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Walther P22 almost new for sale. One extra purchased magazine. Black/black with Walther laser. All documents, etc... PM me if interested.
intercooler

Postby retiredoldfart » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:43 am

The newer guns have been corrected for feed problems. Mag. serial nember for new ones should end with the letter "B". Last 2 letters on barrel year made A =0 B =1 etc. Mine ends in BB made in 2011.
retiredoldfart

Postby blbolin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

I purchased a Walther P22 in November of 2010. The pistol also was maufactured in August of 2010. This model came equipped with a factory laser of which I haven't tried yet. As far as action the P22 has been 100 percent reliable after hundreds of rounds using cheap Blazer and Federal bulk pack from Wal Mart. Accuracy has been almost as good as a Ruger 22/45 4 1/2 inch bull barrel hitting a 3 inch swinging target at 25 yards. The main accuracy differance being the shorter sighting plain of the Walther. At close range of 15 yards or under the Walther is deadly accurate. I originally was hesitant in buying the Walther, but as per my test of a new model I recommend it highly although I would not say the same for earier models which I have read must have been full of problems with jams. The small size and the amazing reliability of the newer model P22 would be just the ticket for those who want a .22 for a CCW. I believe that is what I am going to do as the little P22 will slip into a number 4 Mikes or Blackhawk pocket holster and easliy fit in a front pants pocket, jacket pocket or a ladies purse. This will allow me to leave a heavier weapon which is a pain to carry at home. The cheap .22 ammo prices has already given me enough practice to where I shoot the P22 far better than a Ruger SR9C which I also have. If you are interested in what I consider to be the best really small reliable .22 pistol the newer Walther P22 is a winner.
blbolin

Postby intercooler » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:13 am

Anyone else have a loose rear sight? Mine wobbles and when I Google it I find other reports. Is this normal? I was in hopes someone made a better rear replacement.
intercooler

Postby edteach2u » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am

I want to love this pistol and do to some extent. But I do have FTF or FTE in every few mags. The return spring seems a bit to light and does not always put the gun into battery. The feel of the gun is excellent in my hand and about the best I have ever had, better than my MKll, S&W 22/32 kit gun, or Buck mark. I am in the process of buying a suppressor for it, YHM Mite. I know many purists do not like this suppressor but for the money its nice. Once great thing about the gun is for 19$ you can buy a threaded bbl attachment and install it your self in 10 min.
edteach2u

Postby JustBen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 pm

I usually go through a couple hundred rounds every time I shoot this pistol. I rarely have zero malfunctions but generally just one, sometimes two.

This pistol is extremely sensative to limp wristing. Every time it jams, it is usually my fault because I was not holding it correctly and did not have the right stance etc...

Don't get me wrong, its still a malfunction, but it is just the way it is and how you shoot it. Great for practicing your draw and moves cheaply, but when I go back to my primary carry Glock 23 I have a whole different level of recoil and muzzle flip to deal with. It wont tolerate limp wristing either, so you just have to practice more. Great excuse to get out to the range every week.
JustBen

Postby intercooler » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 am

Excellent shape and excellent shooter!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =227306886
intercooler

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols