>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 20 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby yellowkatt » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:52 pm

go to home depot. buy a package of two part marine epoxy. go to toys are us and buy a small container of bright color play-do. youll need a dremel, a course and fine grade sanding sponge, a medium grade sandpaper drum for the dremel. alcohol or acetone, cotton balls, some black textured paint for plastic. a warm day, and some patience. unload and totally dismantle the gun. fill in the area where the trigger block goes with the play-do. wrap the gun up with masking tape. mix the epoxy well and slowly pour it into the backstrap of the gun. follow curing directions. after it is cured gently use the dremel and sanding sponges to remove the hump off the back of the gun. try it often!!! when you are satisfied wash the wholg gun with the alcohol or acetone, dry and paint. i just did both my G22 and G23 and couldnt be happier. they look so professional i was thinking of advertising the service. remove the play-do, clean, service and lubricate the weapon. and enjoy!! you can use something like rhino liner for texturing but i liked the krylon textured paint for plastics to be okay. hope this helps.
yellowkatt

Postby Watsoncb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:51 pm

I own a Model 20. yellowkatts directions sure will work. Just note that when you start this process.... know that you just lost your Glock warranty.

You might consider looking at other Glock or other manufacturer models rather than buying a firearm and then dramatically modifying it.
Watsoncb

Postby Ibero-Roman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Does anybody know how a Glock 20 compares to a .347mag or .44 mag? I just bought some DoubleTap rounds 135gr that claim to go 1600 fps. My problem is that I live in an apartment--I bet these rounds will go right through those walls.

Another thing about ammo with this gun--don't use reloads or wadcutter rounds. You'll have some FTJ's if you do. I found out the hard way.
Ibero-Roman

Postby martykblack » Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 pm

-Ibero-roman

Use frangible ammo for home defense. Ignore the B.S. surrounding it. Sorry can't compare those rounds. Get out to the range and practice because the G20 is a harsh mistress for the unprepared. DO NOT limp wrist this gun. It is not uncontrollable but I think it qualifies for BFG status. This round deserves a lot more interest! Also if you want to sell let us know. thanks
martykblack

Postby dogwalk » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:29 pm

ShadeWPI

Glock does now offer a .380 version for police dept. Check with their Homepage for all the facts. That G20 sounds like an interesting tool but I guess my 19, 21 and 22 are enough for now. I love them all. Dogwalk
dogwalk

Postby sashabear » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:41 am

I recently purchased a Glock 20 after owning Glocks in 9mm, .40, .357Sig, and .45 ACP........and I can easily say it is my new found favorite. Perceived recoil and control are excellent, giving way to an extremely accurate firearm! After 1000+ rounds there have been NO failures of any kind using all types of factory ammunition.
sashabear

Postby ShadeWPI » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:27 am

dogwalk

I am well aware that Glock makes a .380 ACP version, but they are unable to import it for civilian sales due to it lacking sufficient "Import Points"

For a police officer, I think the Glock 20 has a significant advantage over the Glock 22 if the wider frame fits your hand well. The ability to carry factory loaded 10mm ammo with a 180gr JHP round at 1050fps for most applications and a back up magazine of full power FMJ ammo for times when you need to shoot through a barrier offers a significant advantage.
ShadeWPI

Postby rj45 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi. Everyone

I'am going to by a G20 or a kimber eclipse in 10 MM. I know the Kimber with it's 1911 frame will fit my small hands. The G20 I'am afraid will not. Tell me what you all think? Give me the good and the bad of both. Thanks everyone
rj45

Postby g4l » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:31 pm

In my opinion, if I were to buy a 10mm I'd go with the Glock, it will probably hold up to the high power rounds better than anything else. Hand comfort is something only you can judge.
g4l

Postby g4l » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:22 pm

UOMU, I moved the conversation to "Gun Chatter, Glock vs Berreta", to preserve G20 talk over here. You'll see the link on the left under General Topics.
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols