>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby firedawg60 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Man camp, that's not good. I've never had this happen to me, but things I've read the companies really seemed to help these other guys out. I hope you can get this resolved.
firedawg60

Postby plastics_guy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I saw some articles about a Sheriff Deputy in WV that had his brand new G21 blow up in his hand after only a dozen or 2 rounds. Luckily he was unhurt. Do a Google search and you'll find the newspaper and news channel clips.

If neither company wants to help, make a nice video for on YouTube. Don't rant or anything but just state the facts and show the results. Also give both companies responses to your request for help. Then after you post it, make sure to contact both of their customer service groups again and be sure to tell them that since their customer service is so poor you have posted the video showing their product quality and poor customer service. Also mention that you are looking into retaining legal council for replacement and also pain and suffering. Tell them you are going to be contacting the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) and BBB ( Better Business Bureau) to file complaints with both.

If you make it clear that you are going to be a pain in the ass it might help. Have you talked to the dealer you bought it from? They or their distributor might also be able to help.

I've seen more and more stories similar to yours. I'm thinking this will be the last cheap Glock I buy. Stay with Sigs so I don't need to worry about quality or explosions in my hand.
plastics_guy

Postby Sandman-Sig » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am

Just picked up my G27 the other day and took it right to the range. Quick clean and lube and bang bang she went. Great accuracy out of the box at about 18 to 28 feet. Got the 27 because I have a Sig 229 in .40 cal and I love the round. I would have bought another Sig but I didn't have the money, and I wanted to try a Glock anyway. The only problem I had was the recoil. I have pretty strong hands, and the first time I fired this thing, it scared the crap out of me. Not having that pinky on the grip and the oversized swell at the base of the grip, make it a little hard to hold on to the gun. I thought it was going to jump out of my hand. I've got the grip extensions on order to help, but this ids definitely not a one handed gun! (maybe with the extension) Otherwise, takedown and cleaning is pretty simple and it shoots quite nicely. Pretty darn happy with the purchase and definitely endorse.
Sandman-Sig

Postby Hotrod911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 am

The grip extention does help a lot! I shot a friends G27 with and without the extention, it is hard to hold without it but with the extention it is a very nice weapon.

Good luck

Hotrod
Hotrod911

Postby Sandman-Sig » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Got the extensions in. Can't wait to get it to the range and try it out. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Sandman-Sig

Postby athosbrag » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 am

When I go to the Range I also have a G23 mag with a spacer just to get that "big gun" feeling out of all the mags I go through when I am there. I like it...
athosbrag

Postby xzoup » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 am

OWNED A GLOCK M27 FOR ABOUT SEVEN YEARS BEFORE IT GREW LEGS AND WALKED AWAY, IT WAS MY CARRY GUN I LOVED IT, IT SHOT WELL, NOT AS GOOD AS MY M22 BUT WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FEEL SECURE WHEN OUT WITH MY FAMILY. NOT TO WORRY I JUST PURCHASED A BRAND NEW ONE FOR 150.00 LESS THAN THE FIRST ONE. HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO FIRE IT YET DUE TO RECENT SURGERY BUT I FEEL CONFIDENT I WILL BE JUST AS HAPPY WITH THIS ONE. I MIGHT ADD IT TAKES SEVERAL BOXES OF AMMO TO GET USE TO A GLOCK BUT IF YOU ARE LIKE ME YOU'LL GET HOOKED. IF THESE GLOCKS WERE TO GROW LEGS AND WALKE AWAY GOD FORBID I'D BE OUT BUYING GLOCKS AGAIN TOMORROW. SOME PEOPLE PREFER TO LEAVE THE EXTENSION OFF THERE CLIPS I HAD EXTENSIONS ON ALL MY M27 CLIPS AND PLAN ON PPUTTING THEM ON MY NEW CLIPS, I FIND THEM TO BE VERY USEFUL WHEN HOLDING THE GRIPS, BUT EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN OPINION.
xzoup

Postby Sandman-Sig » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Finally went to the range today and tried out the grip extensions. Wow! They made all the difference in the world! I shot a 3.5 inch group at 22ft. I posted 6 originally but I measured. For being fairly new to handguns, that's pretty frickin awesome to me. Even though I don't like the lack of an actual safety, and the oversized palm swell, this gun is worth every penny I payed for it. Glad I picked it up as my daily carry. Even though Glock doesn't provide the grip that makes the difference on this gun, I'm upping my rating to 5.
Sandman-Sig

Postby xzoup » Sun May 15, 2011 2:10 pm

A very good argument "athosbrag" on the thinking of how a lot of us premeditate taking a human life vs giving a person a chance to live. ( some people have had to much to drink, some have mental proplems and some are just stupid). Speaking of the perpetrator of course. I don't look forward to that moment in time, and even though I feel like I'm prepared I hope it never happens.
xzoup

Postby athosbrag » Sun May 15, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree.
athosbrag

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols