>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby namara » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm

RFD: Works very well That is what I picked up on. If some folks are surfing the web trying to educate themselves, I hope they run into to folks like you. Who tells them the real deal.

Namara <----------- Knows Nuttin
namara

Postby namara » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:25 pm

RFD: Works very well That is what I picked up on. If some folks are surfing the web trying to educate themselves, I hope they run into to folks like you. Who tells them the real deal.

Namara <----------- Knows Nuttin
namara

Postby kuma » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 am

This is a GREAT weapon. I bought mine new >8 years ago. Ive put thousands of rounds through it. From the very first round to date, the only misfeeds that have occurred have been shooters error. The last one was 6 years ago or so when the slide hit my thumb (ouch!) when I was shooting Lefty ... in the cold ... with gloves on ... cant blame the gun for that.

For the size, the recoil is fine - but if you are not used to .40 or .45 it may bother you. Accuracy is likewise amazing for such a short barrel. With factory loads, can hit a 12 target at 50yd 50% and with hand-reloads, can do better. That exceeds what I ever think Id need in a defensive situation! (Note, Glock says DO NOT use reloads...) Remember, this is a tiny gun for a .40!!! With that in mind, its amazing. Glock triggers are different, but given time it probably wont bother you. The only way to improve on this gun would be tac-rails.
kuma

Postby namara » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:09 pm

KUMA: Wave the hand to ya.

Just got my copy of Gun Tests The consumer resource for the serious shooter. :-)

This month is the guns of the year issue. The G-23 took best of class. First page. Ok gang I know this is the G-27 forum.... Shaaaad up. Other folks read us too.

Now you sand baggers get over to www.gun-tests.com.

CHeck out da whole thing. No advertising!!!!!! Fair and balanced? Maybe not. Surely not as imbalanced on so many planes as a foxy network we all know.

Namara <---- Home ,Home on da range.... ;-)
namara

Postby 5ring » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Just laid down $700 for a new G27 and a Lasermax internal pointer at my local cop-shop. Cant wait to get it out to the range. Ive been carrying a Walther P22 for off-duty but it was not reliable. P.O.S.!!! Anyway I have to wait 3 days because the Brainiacs in the Florida senate didnt put a law enforcement exception in the 3 day wait (cooling-off period), morons. Like I dont already have a gun to off someone with and Ive never been though a background check, yeah right. What idiots. In Florida Joe Citizen with a CCW permit can walk out of a gun store same day with a gun. A cop cant. What a joke.
5ring

Postby Jetdoc68 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Ive owned a 27 for almost a year now and have no complaints. It is snappy, more so than the 33 in my opinion as I feel the 33 comes more straight back. .357 sig ammo has gone freakin crazy expensive though,even on the net. Anyway, install a 3.5 connector and night sights and you have a great carry gun that you can use up to 25 yards with a little practice. Typical Glock Perfection...
Jetdoc68

Postby weekendfunandgun » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:23 pm

MY GLOCK 27 JAMMED!! Brand new, right out of the box, no limp-wristing (what kind of excuse is that anyway?). The problem was much simpler: I put a +1 extension on the magazine. If it isnt designed by Glock, dont put it on your gun! These guns come with 2 mags and I only put an extension on one of them. I have never had a problem with the standard factory mag, ever. I tried switching the plus one from one mag to the other and then that one started having jam problems. I took the damn thing off and threw it in the trash. The gun has been flawless with the standard equipment. Never a single jam or problem of any kind. If youre into aftermarket bells and whistles, this is not your gun. If you want something simple, reliable, and capable of saving your life, buy this gun.
weekendfunandgun

Postby Kentuckian » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:44 am

I have a +1 grip extender on one of my mags, I think Pierce made it? It does real well at giving you a better hold on the gun, but it seemed to me I would have to force the extra round in, so I only carry 7 rounds. I only use the grip extender while target practicing and stuff, the gun fits in my ankle holster better without it. So far my 27 has NEVER jammed. I installed the 3.5 connector awhile back, that was a nice improvement. This is my first Glock, I am impressed with the quality, simplicity and accuracy. Im considering ordering the 357 sig barrel, anyone tried that yet? I understand the 357 barrel is longer and sticks out the end of the slide, but not sure how much or even if its true.
Kentuckian

Postby 5ring » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:55 pm

I bought a new Glock-27 subcompact .40s&w. I installed one of the lasermax internal asers. At 3 to 10 yards the laser is pretty-much on (within an inch). After that I was not impressed with the Glock sites or the laser. At twenty yards all of the shots were on the B27 silloette target I used, barely. This was true of the Glock sites and the laser. Im a crack shot with my G22 and G23 usually with a 2 inch 5 shot group at 20yds if I try. I think the G27 is good for its intended purpose, as a selfdefense gun at close range. 90 percent of shootings happen at 10 feet or less and at that range the laser makes it a point and shoot weapon. One last thing, if you intend to carry your gun inside your waistband, dont bother with the laser, the pressure of the waistband on the holster activates the switch and the battery drains. Its useless for inside the pants carry.

5Ring
5ring

Postby kep4321 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:13 am

Before I bought my 27 I had the chance to shoot one on a couple of occasions, so I was already pretty used to it. First time out, I put about 200 round through it with no malfunctions of any kind. A few things to note though...first, this gun make a great carry gun, but for carry, dont use a grip extension. It makes it easier to hide. Second, compaired to my 22C, this thing is pretty snappy, If the wife wants to shoot it, I may have to get the 9mm conversion barrel. Third, for a gun of its size, it is pretty accurate, I have had a couple of 9mm sub-compacts in the past that were not as accurate as this little .40. Last but not least, internal laser sites are great for self defense on this gun, but need not be pinpoint accurate (its not a sniper rifle). Besides, the laser moves every time that the slide cycles, it is not going to be perfect because it is never totally stationary. They are intended to put a bead on a torso from across the room or at similar range and make a quick, accurate shot in self defense.
kep4321

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols