>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Glock 27 Reviews

Postby brrcc1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Great weapon!!!!!, I have had a glock by my side for 5 years now, been to the range at least once a week, i can honestly say i have never had one jam, the model 27 is great for for carry, after a while you wont even notice its there, and with the .40, you still have the knock down power, accuracy is lacking a bit, but for close combat use, this is a fine weapon of choice.
brrcc1

Postby larryndallas » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:15 pm

I own a 33 with the 27 conversion. Never had any problems with either barrel, but the .357 Sig round is a beast compared to the .40. I agree with all comments on the grip extenstions and the recoil. Practice... Practice and more Practice has made this pistol my favorite of them all.

One purchase I made was for Decal Grips. My hands sweat profusely and these little $9 grip stickers made a huge improvement to the feel and my shooting ability. Stay away from the Sand Texture and go with Rubber if you buy them for you Glock. They make them for many models.
larryndallas

Postby barnbig » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:20 am

i have recently added this 27 to my subcompact glock collection. my first being a 30. this baby glock DOESNt have a baby recoil, but it is fun to shoot and accurate too. i did not have any problems keeping all 10 rounds in the 9 and 10 rings. i will gladly carry it everyday. GLOCKs the BEST!
barnbig

Postby SgtATON » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:32 pm

I have carried this weapon as my off duty and back up weapon for almost 2 years now. The only serious problem I have had was a broken recoil spring assy. This occured after over 5000 rounds or so. I fixed this by installing a stainless steal assy. instead of plastic. This ran me about $45. The recoil is about the same as my G22 and a mag extenstion was a must for me. After a few rounds my support hand will slip off of the grip due to recoil but this can be trained out of anyone. This is a great weapon that I will continue to trust my life to.
SgtATON

Postby Skeptic » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:44 pm

I just bought a Glock 27 and took it to the range expecting great things -- didnt happen. I never felt I had an adequate grip on it, snappy recoil is an understatement, and the space between the grip and +1 extender bit my finger every time I pulled the trigger. My Beretta 96FS is a joy to fire, so Ill stick with it and trade the G27 in on a Px4.
Skeptic

Postby larryndallas » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Skeptic...... I have heard that before. My friend is a Beretta shooter and he was not happy with the G33/27 either.

The .40 is a pleasure to shoot compared to the .357 Sig. I still love this pistol, but I too own others that are more fun to shoot. This is like work at times.
larryndallas

Postby namara » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:16 pm

Skeptic:

I carry a copy of this Glock 24/7. I love it. I does take some time in the saddle to get used to it. It is a fine firearm. It is not for everyone. Quality and dependability are things that mean a great deal to me, especially when a life may depend on it.

Technique means a great deal with any firearm. Technique can be both learned and taught. If you are not comfortable with the gun, then how can this gun be your tool?

I mean comfort on many levels. So find a firearm that YOU feel comfortable with.

I found mine.

I hope you find yours, and when you do, I hope we stand shoulder to shoulder against our aggressors.

I will not stand in front of you, or behind you, look to your right or your left, that is me.

Namara <-------------- United WE Stand
namara

Postby Kentuckian » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:01 pm

I really like the 27. I carried a Colt mustang for many years, however I shot better with the 27 on my first trip to the range than I ever did with the mustang. It is a little thick, but it does carry nicely. I especially like the light weight, you forget its there after awhile.
Kentuckian

Postby LS2851 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:13 am

A blast to shoot and hits bullseyes over and over again. The plus one gives better control as the gun does want to jump out of your hand. If you can handle this little beast it is awesome to shoot and carry.
LS2851

Postby rfd339 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:09 am

had my g27 for over a month now and put over 1000 rnd in her with no problems added a +1 grip extension from pearce #pg2733 and works very well. g27 is very accurate at 3 to 25yrds and is a blast to shoot at the range.
rfd339

Next

Return to Pistols