>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 22 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby SGT278ACR » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:00 pm

I think I see a new Lone Wolf .40 S&W barrel in my future as well.
SGT278ACR

Postby PhantomII » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Snke

I have my own range, but it is too far from the instructors classroom to be utilized, so another friend of mine has 550 acres that he allowed us to put the CCW range on. It is nice and he gets his CCW training free for the use of the range. If you were closer, you'd have access, after all, we have to have each other's back, right?

Sgt

You would not be going wrong with getting the Lone Wolf 40!

I have put a s**t load of extras in on my purchase of the G22, because I really like the pistol, I now have the OEM 40; LW 40; LW 9mm; LW .357Sig barrels and Tru Glo fibre Optic sights. They all shoot true (the OEM 40 is still good but not as good as the LW40). Now I just have to figure a way to pay for all the ammo that I am burning up!

// PhantomII //
PhantomII

Postby LevelCross » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:43 pm

SGT. I'm glad to hear the good reviews about the Lone Wolf kits, I have been looking at one for a few weeks now. The price is not too bad and I was wondering about the end results, and from the comments I am willing to take the plunge. I love this gun and plan on the new Lone wolf kit soon. As it is my everyday piece while at work.

My future SOL and I went to the range yesterday and ran about 500 rounds apiece, now my G 22 is up to 4000 rounds and still no complaints, except that it is still hungry LOL. He is doing much better now that we added the rubber wrap to his grip with a G 23.
LevelCross

Postby PhantomII » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 pm

levelcross,

Cheaper Than Dirt has the Lone Wolf barrels for about $100 plus shipping (their shipping is high) plus $2.99 Handling fee, so it'll run about $120 when all is said;

Sportsman's Guide has carried them for $119 +S/H;

Dillon Precision Products carries them for $99.95+s/h;

Lone Wolf Distributing sells them for $109 + s/h

So for just about $120 you can get a conventionally rifled Match barrel for the Glock, and several "conversion" barrels. They are often back-ordered because they are sooo popular and accurate.

I think they are great!

// PhantomII //
PhantomII

Postby SGT278ACR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:48 pm

levelcross,

Glad the feedback could help you out. Thinking of getting a rubber slip-on grip myself. I got a feeling having finger grooves to grip to will help my accuracy even more. As for the LWD barrel, let us know how it works out for if you get one.
SGT278ACR

Previous

Return to Pistols