>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 22 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby PhantomII » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 am

When you remove the rear sight, push from the left to the right, and when you install the new sight, insert from the right side and push to the left.

When I was told this, I really didn't think that it really mattered, after all, they were machined dove-tails... It does insert easier from the right side!

I bought an ingenious sight pusher tool that ensures that you won't accidentally 'warp' the slide or mar the new sight from eBay for $60 delivered. Other tools were going for well over a $110 at the time. It really makes it easier to install sights, and the one I bought will allow sight adjustment/removal without having to remove the slide. Some of the pushers are shaped so that it is difficult to use on other makes of pistols, but this one is more of a 'universal' tool, very adjustable. I've used it on a couple of rifles too...
PhantomII

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:39 am

The proper sight tool will also protect the tritium vials in night sights from breakage during the installation process.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby snke_doctr » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:10 am

Phantom II;

I tried the penny on the front sight for trigger control but trigger control was never a problem. I did however replace the plastic guide rod w/ a stainless steel one to reduce muzzle flip & put a wrap-around grip on that has a slightly tacky feel to it that helps to keep my hand in place. Much better shooting now! Thanks again.
snke_doctr

Postby PhantomII » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:01 am

snke doctr;

When I did the Barrel Conversion testing on the G22, I also replaced the Guide Rod with a Lone Wolf SS Rod, and I too put a "Grip Glove" on the grip. The added weight of the new Guide Rod and the 'tacky' Grip Glove do help in controlling the muzzle flip.

What also helps is a firm grip on the pistol. The Glock is one of my favorite pistols...
PhantomII

Postby snke_doctr » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Phantom II;

Glocks are among my favorite too, I own a G17 as well. Have you seen the Steyr M9-A1 9x19? I bought one recently. Nice gun! Made in Austria as well.
snke_doctr

Postby PhantomII » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 pm

snke-doctr;

The Steyr has had good reviews as a solid pistol. Good choice!

I bought a Mil-Surp CZ-82 and had it refinished in DuraCoat SL, and it is a real performer. When the Mil-Surp CZ-83's in .380 came out I snatched one of them up. Looked like it was never issued! It too is a great little pistol. With the new personal defense ammo out from Hornady and others, the 9x19 and 9x17 offerings are a lot better performers.

Phantom II
PhantomII

Postby kep4321 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I recently also put the Lone wolf SS guide rods in my 22C and 34 and both perform great. I also use the Hogue rubber grip on both too. I like the feel better than just hard plastic. I feel like I have a much better grip on the pistol.

A long while back I got a stainless guide rod from a gun show and it was not reliable in a gun that previously never gave me an issue. Looking back I'm pretty sure the wrong weight spring was on it even though I was assured when got it that it was stock weight.

Stick with the Lone Wolf guide rod, it's proven.
kep4321

Postby snke_doctr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:22 pm

SW-Insured;

That problem I had w/ the .40 cal/Glock22; I found the solution: @ the range today a got hold of a Glock23 .40 & not only did it fit my hand very well but I got quite good groupings too using Fiocchi 200gr hollow points, Winchester white box 230gr & Independent 230gr target stuff ( 2-3" groupings @ 30') firing off 100 rds.

Lesson learned?.......the Glock22 is too big for me to shoot well.
snke_doctr

Postby SGT278ACR » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 am

Finally taking the G22 to the range today to shoot for the first time since I got her a couple weeks ago. I'll post a report this evening. Going to shoot 9mm out of it first, using the Lone Wolf conversion barrel. Got 50 rds of 9mm & 100 rds of .40. I know, 150 rds won't last long, but I'm bringing my S&W 22A also just to have more trigger time on the range. Seems there's always plenty of .22 ammo laying around. :)
SGT278ACR

Postby SW-Insured » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 am

SW-Insured

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols