>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby outlaw54 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks Bill (my name as well). The Desert Eagle I purchased had a huge Tasco Pro Point red dot scope with a huge specialty mount (I took it off for now). The optics and the sight come to about $200 easy so I figure I got the pistol for $700?? I downloaded a picture of it. It will be the last one on the photos at the top. Thanks for the info and for making me feel good :) Sounds like a steal at $600 when you look at $1,500 for a brand new one. The way these are built, used in good condition is as good as new and the nickel finish holds up well and shows now sign of wear. I doubt mine had been fired a lot
outlaw54

Postby billdeserthills » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:19 am

I'm sure you're right about the small amount of use Outlaw,

many Deagle owners dislike the recoil or high cost of ammo. I started reloading after I got a Wildey .475 Magnum. It sure cuts down on the cost of ammo.
billdeserthills

Postby Royce » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Its funny but it seems to me that all the guys knocking the 50 AE have one thing in common.They don't own one! You guys can all take your lil High Points and stuff em down my barrel.Do you really think Im so stupid that I wouldnt notice the price or weight? Cheap and light dont go together with Deasert Eagle XIX 50. I do sleep close to mine.Believe me,if you touched this cannon off in a house, EVERYONE will leave.Meaning ,I dont even need to get close,just let them hear it.
Royce

Postby PorscheTech911 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 pm

The Eagle is a great Beast/Man stopper. I CCW mine often and find it very comforting to have around. And I agree with Royce, almost all the "bad" reviews you hear of the Eagle (not here but other websites) are from people who have never owned one, shot one, held one. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone's got one.

There is one special police unit in South America that has been verified of using the .50 as a standard issue weapon. These things may be a bit big and heavy, but it's not a car. I think as long as you keep yours clean and shoot it plenty it's excellent for concealed carry or bear hunting or whatever your heart desires. I love mine and will never get rid of it.

Keep Thumpin Gents
PorscheTech911

Postby outlaw54 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 am

I have always said if I bought another pistol it would be a Desert Eagle 50 AE. When I saw the used model at the local store and the price seemed like a good deal, I jumped on it. When I saw it was in 44 magnum I figured WTH, it's still a great design and well made gun.

My paperwork cleared and I picked it up yesterday and finally got to shoot it today and I was really impressed. This is one well made hand gun. I wasn't sure until the dealer looked into it, but mine is actually a model VII with a nickel finish and in 44 magnum. I like the fact that I can buy another barrel and magazine and will have a 50 AE as well.

When I fired it today I was really impressed. It was a beast of a pistol and I had to hold on tight! I am a 265lb that lifts weight 5 days a week and plays center for a national championship semi pro team, so I think I have a pretty strong grip. I took a lot of effort to keep it on target and the gun was incredibly smooth and accurate. I loved shooting it and only had time to run 100 rounds through it. I am going back tomorrow to the indoor range and fire 300-500 rounds through it and report back. I really like this gun and now finally have a 44 magnum and will soon have a 50 AE to go with it!
outlaw54

Postby josephshrek » Fri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey Outlaw,

Did you ever figure out how to age your Deagle. Im lookin to buy one right now, and would like to know its age ?
josephshrek

Postby gunnutz » Mon May 10, 2010 3:38 pm

where is the mini? I just bought on. Wonderful pistol!
gunnutz

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 pm

This isn't the forum for that, please find another venue for it.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby outlaw54 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Based on the style of safety and slide release, I was able to determine that my Desert Eagle was an original Mark I. The Mark VII & Mark XIX have "hook shaped" safety levers and a stepped slide release, the Mark I did not have these.

Based on the serial #, Magnum Research was able to tell me mine was made in late 1987. It is old with what looks like original parts, but did not appear to be fired that much and had very little wear on the slide and barrel.

I bought mine used and had some prolems with the mag release and slide release. They replaced a bunch of springs and wear parts in the lower at no cost to me under warranty

What does boycotting Isreal have to do with this gun?? Because it is stamped "made in Isreal" and you have issues with Isreal???

It's a well made unique gun that very few people own or collect, what political ramifications could this pistol possibly have??

I think this is a gun review and reference guide forum, not political....
outlaw54

Postby outlaw54 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Glad to see a moderator jumping on that one, no place for those comments here......not sure where that even came from????
outlaw54

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols