>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Postby kansascav24 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:09 pm

I have had a .50 DE for almost 2 years now and have never had a problem with it. This is a gun that is so bad ass, that if you pull this thing out, you wont even have shoot because it is so freakin bad ass! Other than the $1.50/round, I would buy another DE in a heart beat!
kansascav24

Postby madFive » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:09 am

madFive

Postby busadave » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:45 am

i have the 44 de also and i shoot pmc american eagle and the magtechs with also about 200 rounds through it ive never had a problem with anything.but im very anal about cleaning it after i shoot it i give it a good cleaning and again i check it out before i shoot try that out
busadave

Postby Mardawg » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:20 pm

I had a .44 Deaert Eagle XIX and it never FTF. Heavy and unweildy as it is, it is a nice and controllable handgun with less recoil than expected.

Gets a lot of attention at the range.
Mardawg

Postby Hockler » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:28 am

I own one in 50 cal, and its a blast to shoot. It doesnt come cheap and neither does the ammo, but if you have the means, I see no reason to discourage buying one, unless of course you plan to use it as a house gun or carry piece. If this sounds like you, I advise you to check out this link and read it thoroughly: http://zvis.com/dep/articles/depdef.shtml

In case anyone is wondering, my nightstand gun is a Kimber Warrior with Surefire light loaded with Magtech 165 Grain Solid Copper Hollow Points.
Hockler

Postby EBG » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:45 pm

If you are looking for power or wanting to hunt with a handgun instead of a riffle, then this baby is it! Also good for stress relief! I have a ,44 magnum and have fired about 300 rounds of store bought ammo and about 700 rounds of my own reloads over the years that I have owned it and have yet to have a jam. Recoil is also amazingly light for such power. Of course the downfall of this weapon is that I dont believe anybody would like to have this as a carry on due to weight and size. Ammo is also expensive (unless you reload). Overall it is an excellent hobby gun.
EBG

Postby XXOXX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 am

The fundamental problem with the design of this gun is that its built around a REVOLVER cartridge with a rimmed base. Its gas operated with a rotating bolt -- thats a tight fit in a handgun.

Recoil operation wont work for a 44 mag, because theres too much recoil. Slide springs would be impossible to rack. Rimmed case causes feed problems, also it causes stacking problems in the magazine. Revolver ammo is not intended to be stacked in a mag, and so it doesnt sit parallel in the mag, but rather each rimmed case sits forward of the rim below it in the mag.

Dessert Eagle came out with the 50 AE. This is semi-auto ammo and a decent solution to all the design issues found in the 44 magnum. But its spendy to shoot, and there are other guns out there that work better for less money.

Smith & Wesson 629 comes to mind. Smith makes a 50 cal too, at a buck a shot for ammo.
XXOXX

Postby nina&desi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:59 am

jammed alot before i broke it in 500+ rds. now she shoots like a super soaker. dont trust aftermarket mags

home defense ammo?

i use MagSafe Personal Defense .44 Mag. Defender 117 Gr

even though this is definitley not my nightstand pistol
nina&desi

Postby handcannon50 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:41 am

he guys ,

just found this website........very cool posted photo's enjoy talk to you soon
handcannon50

Postby madFive » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:58 pm

madFive

Next

Return to Pistols