>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Cobra FS Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby coolpapacatdj » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:28 pm

OK, I take it back, the Cobra FS series pistols are good guns. I have a little trouble with my FS32 because of the caliber ammunition I shoot, not because of the gun itself. My bud, Paul, has an FS380 and no problem with his (more powder behind the round = more power). I've taken to carrying it again and like I said before,if out of ammo, it makes a great knock out brick! LOL
coolpapacatdj

Postby undertaker9 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:21 pm

i just got a fs 380 and absolutly like it.with my ra getting worse it made it easier to still have something for protection and still be able to use it if necessary.
undertaker9

Postby zensoldier » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 am

I have just recently purchased a Fs series .380 for my wife. I personally carry a .45 1911 taurus. Although I am not a fan of the caliber as I like a large round to make sure what you hit goes down. However this little pistol has surprised me. My wife sighted it in at 10m and she shot accurate up to 20m at 25 she was a smidge off but for a small pistol its just fine. she can carry it with ease and yet its heavy enough she could beat the bad guy down if she had too all in all I dont see how anyone who really appreciates guns can call this brand and model a "JUNK" gun
zensoldier

Postby Maluus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

GF bought one for me last month and we both enjoy it .. accuracy at 25ft was excellent. Some jamming, as the action seems a bit stiff, but I expect that some more shooting will help with that. Disassembly is a bit tricky, but not too bad .. cleaning is a breeze once it's apart. I'd recommend this for home defense (it's a little on the heavy side for CCDW, IMHO).
Maluus

Postby thugstaslugsta » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:56 am

I absolutely love this gun, i just got my pistol permit around my b-day and chose to get both the fs 380& the ca 380/32 and i swear its like adopting brothers, u gotta get one if u get the other.The high points of the fs series is perfect finish for that no nonsense look so if u see it expect to feel it, no kickback, loud enuff bang to disperse any crowd, and enuff power to win the shootout if u get into one..hopefully u dont.The one drawback is only 8 shots in the 1 clip provided BUT if after 8 shots what your tryna hit aint dead..u dont need a gun u need a seeing-eye rottwilder or two!! lol
thugstaslugsta

Postby rayred » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

I bought this pistol new and took it to the range that day. The first thing I noticed is the clip release was very difficult and the clip was tight in the gun. I actually had to lay the gun on it's side and press the release while pulling the clip.

The next the trigger pull is very hard. It could be measured in pounds instead of ounces.

Finally the jams, just too many. In a 5 round clip it averged 2 jams and allways the last round. QC is very lacking.
rayred

Postby Fenix007 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:34 pm

i like the cobra 380 fs,its a good gun but it james when u hold the trigger,thats not good thats it,
Fenix007

Postby rabump199 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:12 pm

I bought a FS 380 a couple of months ago and fired 53 rounds and the trigger assembly snapped, great warranty only cost 63.00 to ship it back to Utah. One week later it's back and off to the range, shooting federal this time it fails to fully eject 1-2 times per clip then fails completely to eject one round, this gun was a gift for my wife for her first handgun, what a lasting impact, it is by far one of the biggest pieces of junk. I have two other pistol, a S/W .45 and Ruger 9mm, no problems with either. You get what you pay for I expect.
rabump199

Postby evilpinklolita » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Crappiest gun we've ever owned! Jams at least twice every clip. We've tried different ammo, cleaning it, oiling it, firing a lot of rounds through it, and nothing works. It has a lifetime warranty, which the company will honor, however, the problem is it cost $130 brand new and to get it fixed, we have to pay $80 to ship it next day air with UPS, and that's the cheapest way. We don't know if it's worth it. Maybe just a good paperweight. . .
evilpinklolita

Postby ProudPatriot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:55 pm

ProudPatriot

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols