>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

AMT Backup Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

AMT Backup Reviews

Postby zaki1 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:40 pm

I have a AMT 9mm backup.What is the best hollow point ammo for this gun.
zaki1

Postby dmartinage » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:12 am

A friend has the 9mm AMT backup; I liked the size but not the caliber. The .22 LR is just perfect to handle for a woman! Was difficult to find as its a limited edition but well worth the search! Found that it jammed every time until I switched ammo ... likes high velocity such as Stingers.
dmartinage

Postby CON-T » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:02 pm

IVE HAD MY AMT .380 BACKUP FOR 15 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM. VERY LITTLE RECOIL, GREAT CONCEAL WEAPON. I LOVE THIS GUN. THE OLD ONES LOOK BETTER THEN THE NEWER ONES. I BELIEVE I PAID $160.00 FOR MINE IN 1991. WOW!!! COMPARE THAT TO THE $450.00 PRICETAG OF TODAY!
CON-T

Postby nbanders » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:54 am

I just got one of these great little guns, unfortunately without any owners manual. The download available on this sight is for a slightly different model, doesnt have a safety, mine does. Anyone know where I can find some information on the care and feeding of this piece?

Thanks
nbanders

Postby coconutbay » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:50 pm

nbanders- if yours is a single action like mine, I could mail you a copy of my manual.
coconutbay

Postby nbanders » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Thanks for the offer. I managed to find the info I think I need on the internet
nbanders

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:37 am

Ive got the 380 DAO, had it for 5 or 6 years and am still trying to find a factory hollowpoint that will cycle faithfully. Has anyone had any luck with HP ammo? Im currently using either FMJ (ball) ammo for practice, it works flawlessly. For carry Ive settled on Glaser Silver Safety Slugs. They work without a hitch too but theyre on the pricey side. I have yet to find a factory HP that functions properly. If anyone has a recommendation for something that will cycle faithfully I would sure appreciate it! Thanks much...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby cynykle1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Can anyone help me please??? My AMT380 was recently stolen by a significant other. I have lost the registration from my original purchase over 10yrs ago & without the serial # the Police wont file a report of it being stolen. God forbid its used in a crime I dont want it coming back on me. Does anyone have any idea of any other way I can get my serial# back from when I purchased it???
cynykle1

Postby CONT2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:15 pm

I suggest you kick that significant other in the ass. Dont let them know that you dont have the ser.# and tell them that you reported it stolen. Tell them to expect a visit from the police.

Does the place you bought it from still exist? See if they have any records of the sale. Its a longshot but its worth a try.

About kicking the S.O. in the ass, dont do it. Thatll just make things worse.
CONT2

Postby cynykle1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanks Cont2! I bought it at sports authority & dont think they even sell guns anymore. But I know they had to register the purchase with the manufacturer & trying to find a way to contact them. I already told him I was gonna contact the police & he said I would too. But I have the case & theres a # written on it could that be the serial# u think?
cynykle1

Next

Return to Pistols