>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

EAA Witness Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Razer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:12 pm

I have had my Witness Fullsize 9mm for about 7 or 8 months now and had it jam on me twice. I think the reason was the bullets were not seated in the clip. If you have this problem often try seating the ammo in the clip , that should take care of the problem. This weapon is very accurate. I went out to the local indoor range and hit dead center at 12-15 yards! My eyesite is not that good, but I couldnt believe I did that. Very smooth and great shooting weapon. Next time I will try a different grain ammo other than 115 grain. Maybe 123 or somewhere around there.

Awsome handgun!! If you are looking at purchasing one, What are you waiting for??!?!?! You wont be disappointed!
Razer

Postby fpmendoza » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:58 pm

Just bought a .40 S&W, havent been to the range so cant say much yet. But upon holding the gun it looks (wonder finish) & felt good, very comfortable & ergonomic grip. I wanted to buy more mags ideally hi-caps for target shooting but not really sure where to get some. You guys who are more experienced with this firearm, have any suggestions where I can get some, & will others fit aside from the factory mags that we an get from EAA? sombody told me that the CZ mags will work, do you all agree?
fpmendoza

Postby fpmendoza » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 am

my .40 cal is AWESOME!!!!! i love it.
fpmendoza

Postby dlewallen_625 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:23 pm

I bought my Witness steel several years ago and I love it. I have noticed that with the stock site, the pistol shoots a little low. I'm going to get the adjustable to correct the issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing? Even so, I've never had anything but great luck with this weapon.
dlewallen_625

Postby sliperywhenwet » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:40 pm

I added an IPA adjustable sight to my .45 and it solved the problem of shootin a little low..
sliperywhenwet

Postby dlewallen_625 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Does anyone out there have a hi res picture of a Witness steel blue with the factory wood grips? I was thinking of getting some, but I'd like to see them on the pistol.
dlewallen_625

Postby armoredman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:31 am

Excellentclone of a CZ-75. i had 6 Witness pistols before I switched to CZ directly, andonly finances made me part with any of them. Excellent guns.
armoredman

Postby hemiram » Sat May 05, 2007 4:30 am

I recently bought a fullsized Witness .45 in the "Wonder" finish, and after about 700 rounds through it, I am totally impressed. Not a single FTF. The only problem was when it came out of the box, you really had to slam the mags in, or they would pop out after the first shot. This resolved itself after about 50 insertions and releases. I origiinally bought it as a short term gun. I was planning on selling it to a friend and then buying a CZ 97B, but this thing is about as perfect as it can be, so what's the point? I'll probably get a 97B eventually, but I'm not selling the Witness.
hemiram

Postby seolh-man » Sun May 27, 2007 1:31 am

Can't help but post my raves for these guns. Started years ago w/ a 9mm full size, worst mistake of my life was to sell it. Since then, I've bought and kept full sized steel framed guns in 40, 45, & 38 super. Own an Italian TZ-75 in 9mm also. Shoot all but the 9mm in competition. The only smith-work done on any of them was to have the feed ramp on the 40 polished and my jams disappeared. I've told competitors that I could've paid $1300 for an upper end gun that needs smith work, or I can save $1000 and buy a gun that runs straight out of the box! Greatest guns I've ever owned.
seolh-man

Postby czdude » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:35 pm

what the hell does eaa stand for
czdude

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols