>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Discussions

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Discussions

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

beltbuckle

Postby Blackrifle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 pm

As far as a pistol grip or stocked weapon, I don't give a flying f*ck about your A zone or Z zone for that matter. The bottom line here people is you should do exactly what you want to do and accept the recommendations from people that are willing to let you take part in the decision. Hey buddy, here, pull my finger...
Blackrifle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 am

whitehood.... Why is it that you seem unwilling to answer a simple question regarding your backround in firearms?
beltbuckle

Postby whitehood » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Why? You wouldn't believe me it I told you. The big issue here is that what I've provided in the form of advice is factual and can be backed up. It's not like Blackrifle's BS. Just look at his comments here. He doesn't even know enough about the tactical shotgun and its uses to even comment intelligently.
whitehood

Postby Blackrifle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm

The only comment I left here was telling people to make up their own mind and use whatever works best for them. As for you, I'm not the only one that thinks your answers are just a little too technical in nature. We'd like to know what text you're copying all of your comments from?
Blackrifle

Postby whitehood » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Once again that's not good advice. I know this stuff and you don't. It's like your comments about the Beretta 92, you just don't get it quite right. I'll repeat to you, that what I've provided is factual and can be backed up. You just give an uniformed opinion. The question about the cruiser shotgun was a case in point.
whitehood

Postby Blackrifle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Why is allowing an individual to make his/her own decisions, "not good advice"? Providing it isn't encouraging something dangerous. As for you, you're certainly all full of yourself! Even if you did have actual proof that you know what you're writing about (and not copying), the way you choose to deliver it, in your condescending manner, leaves a very negative impression of you and your data.

As for my remarks in the Beretta 92 thread, didn't I ask a question? I didn't profess to be a genius, but thanks for your kind words. There's a big difference between an assertion and a question.
Blackrifle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I dont know why your going to tell me I wouldn't believe you without giving me the chance. Are your experiences that far fetched that you doubt I could believe them? I haven't found any fault with your facts and I honestly believe that you may know your shit.

I question your delivery methods when stating your opinions but thats only because I can see where others may find it offensive. I kid you not, this has been brought to the attention of staff by some memebers.

I am sincerely curious of your past and how you gained your knowledge however your unwillingness to give us any backround does leave me to question your true experience and actual knowledge.

I'm not affiliated with blackrifle. His problems with you are his own, and I'd just as soon let you two work them out.
beltbuckle

Postby Bush-Master » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Since this is a "Discussions" thread, I hope I'm going to be on topic! Looks like the last discussion was a little heated. My question is for the LEO's here. I'm watching a TV program about college kids on Spring Break at Lake Havasu, AZ. There's plenty of "eye candy" as well as plenty of drunks. The marine Sheriff's Deputies do a priliminary DUI test where they check the vision of the perp using a pencil or something like it. They tell them to hold their head still and follow the item as the LEO moves it back and forth. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. What are they looking for? What gives them reason to move forward with additional tests? Thanks for your help.
Bush-Master

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am

The pen test or it's real name the horizontal gaze nystagmus test.

Nystagmus is an involuntary jerking or bouncing of the eyeball that occurs when there is a disturbance of the vestibular (inner ear) system or the oculomotor control of the eye. Horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN) refers to a lateral or horizontal jerking when the eye gazes to the side. In the impaired driving context, alcohol consumption or consumption of certain other system depressants, inhalants or PCP, hinders the ability of the brain to correctly control eye muscles, therefore causing the jerk or bounce associated with HGN. As the degree of impairment becomes greater, the jerking or bouncing, i.e. the nystagmus, becomes more pronounced.

If you fail this or pas;s in some circumstances you'll move on to the stand on one leg test and the walk and turn test. Sometimes they'll give you an alphabet test but I think it's for their own amusement since it's a non standardized test!
beltbuckle

Next

Return to Off-Topic Chatter