>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Would you allow an armed Plumber or Electrician...

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Would you allow an armed Plumber or Electrician...

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:17 pm

to come into your home? If you called a plumber for a stopped up sink and he is a stranger and he came to your door with a handgun in open carry, would you let him in?
Will_Carry

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Absolutely. Freaking out and assuming they must be some kind of gun toting madmen would only fuel the stereotypical view of honest, law abiding gun owners as unstable gun nuts. If a Law Enforcement Officer knocked on your door and asked to come in, would you let him in? He's a stranger with a gun. You didn't call and ask him to come over, as you did the electrician or plumber... Food for thought!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm not trying to stereotype anyone, but I can't think of a reason why a plumber would need a pistol inside my house. Unless the clogged sink got out of control.

I wouldn't allow an armed stranger in my home. An LEO would need a warrent to enter my home armed. That's just my rule.

I just wanted to hear what other gun owners thought. I recon there ain't no right or wrong answer, just opinons.
Will_Carry

Postby JustBen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:26 pm

I live in a small village of 3,000 people where most of the folks know eachother. In this case, I know all the plumbers, electricians, and LEO's and would have no problem with it.

Unfortunately in most areas I have lived, I would not know these folks. I do not think I would trust anyone I did not know to come in and work in my house while carrying. Too much risk of an AD or an impersonator up to no good. If I hired a worker to show up while my wife or kids where home to let him in and he was carrying, I think this puts my family in an uncomfortable situation and I would take action against the company or individual. Most companies, including the one I work for, have rules that do not allow people to carry while at work. This has been the norm and I think it should stay that way.
JustBen

Postby judgeparker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm

What Tig said! Open carry in my home state is illegal and if you are carrying concealed you must by law inform the homeowner before entering their home. If I called a plumber and he informed me that he was carrying we would probably end up talking about what we were both carrying at the time. So heck yeah I'd let him in. Cause he's a fellow American and brother in arms .
judgeparker

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

If he had a concealed carry permit and informed me before hand I would still ask him if he would mind leaving it in the truck. To me that "fellow American, brother in arms" talk don't hold water.

Just because you are an American and have a gun, don't make you my brother. Now you, JudgeParker and Tig would be welcome any time in my home packing heat. You guys are my brothers in arms. But how do I know a perfect stranger knows gun safety, is mentally sound and not on crack? I just don't trust people like you guys.
Will_Carry

Return to Off-Topic Chatter