>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Toolbar....

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Toolbar....

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 am

Is anyone else seeing this new toolbar at the bottom of the page? If so, have you used it and/or what are your thoughts on it....
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby BrianB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:19 am

Yes I have seen it, no I have not used it. My thoughts are apparently the webmaster of this site must be expecting a horde of gun toting teenagers showing up to the site to chat and tweet each other with such important discussions as who watched family guy last night with their BFFs and say things like "Wht R U dng?" "? U want 2 No" "Like I care Plz" while out sitting in a bush hunting with their new 7mm singleshot rifle. Personally, I don't find a need for it at all.
BrianB

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:30 am

It had long since been suggested that there be a place to do live chat, on this site. I don't really think this is what anyone of us had meant. I think a live chat feature would be much better served it it was exclusive to this site, for only GunDirectory members to use.

What I think is that he is trying to reach a new group of people, and to make people more gun-proactive is a always good thing. But with more attention also means we need to make sure we are all being well behaved on this site, we don't want anyone to get negative ideas about us "gun toting Americans"!!!

Note to the Webmaster: You should at least make it so the members of this site can turn off the toolbar if they so chose. As of right now, I don't believe there is a way to disable it.
lotsip81

Postby BrianB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 am

I don't know if it can be totally disabled but it can be made smaller by clicking on the double arrow thing on the right hand side.
BrianB

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:25 am

You are correct, you can shrink it, but it does still hang out there are the bottom. Thanks for the tip about making the toolbar smaller. I did know that, however I forgot to note it for any of our members who did not. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this thing pans out. I also have not tried this new feature out yet, but I am interested in everyone take on this....
lotsip81

Postby Stocker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:54 pm

It never hurts to try something new like this, right? You can minimize the bar, but then something comes up on the right that says "tools" with the arrow pointing up.

You just can't get rid of that thing.
Stocker

Return to Off-Topic Chatter