>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

How to buy a pistol

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

How to buy a pistol

Postby mcooolcom » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:59 pm

I want to buy a pistol and please let me know how to get one.

My email address is m@mcoool.com.
mcooolcom

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. We're happy to help you from here, we don't do house calls! Do you live in an area with a gun shop? If you buy a gun online, you have to have a federally licensed gun dealer (FFL) to accept shipment of the firearm. It can't be sent directly to you unless you have the license yourself. There are several websites that deal with firearm sales, just Google it. We also have sellers here in our Classified section. Contact the seller and get them in touch with your dealer (transfer agent) with the FFL. There is a fee for doing this, $50 and less usually. When your guy gets it and after you have filled out the necessary background paperwork (and passed), you get your gun.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 am

Hello! Tig was correcto in his response, but I have a different way that you can do.

Gun shows are a great place to get firearms over the counter without a background check. The firearm doesn't get licensed to you under your name (the government doesn't know you have it) which in these times sounds really appealing doesn't it? Here is another plus, you don't have to pay taxes, what you see is what you get. You hand over the money to the seller and its yours. Usually the dealers at the gun show have used and new guns. Plus, you can trade in and trade up sometimes. I don't know if every gunshow is like this, but the ones I've been to are. Better than visiting one gun shop when you have a bunch of gunshop owners all around you to compare and choose from.
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I assumed he was interested in buying something online, that's why I steered my response that way. One thing about buying from gun shows without a background check is you're limited to used firearms and only those that the seller wishes to sell privately. I've seen plenty of gunshow sellers require background checks with their used guns. But you're absolutely correct about all the selections under one roof. It's the adult "candy shop"!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am

Depending on what state you're in a background check may be required wherever you buy a pistol so check your local laws. In CT for example it is unlawful to purchase a handgun without a permit and unlawful to sell one to someone without a permit.
agonist

Postby ulgydog56 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 pm

do your homework first.you have to know what you wantand for what to narrow it down to still a ton of guns......
ulgydog56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 pm

That's really interesting to hear about different laws in the different states. Here you can buy new and used firearms without a license at a gun show. just be 21.
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 am

First of all, you have to understand the laws of any state you reside in. That's a very simple first step. You see that's the same issue the Pro Second Amendment groups fight against each time someone thinks that way. It is so far from the truth, it's staggering! Of course the anti gunners want you and everyone else to believe that crap and pump it up so much that people believe it! There are so many of them saying this that we, the pro gun supporters spend too much time proving them wrong and as simple liars. Why do they constantly condemn us for telling the truth and lie when we put the truth on the table? Why do we have to spend so much of our "War Chest" fighting their lies? They turn around and use money pigs like George Soros to fund their bogus attacks and their funding never ends! Don't play into their bullshit Henry!! Don't fall for their lies, that's what they expect you to do.

It depends on the laws of your state. Every single one of them has something either "very" different or "slightly" different. That encompasses simple ownership to concealed carry. There are dozens of differences in between! Don't fall for the "Gun Show Loophole" bullshit either! That is such a doctored up piece of crap, it's simply ridiculous. The laws at a gun show mirror the laws that every single gun shop and dealer in this country must follow!! If you buy a new firearm, you must by law go through the federal firearms purchase process. Nobody is exempt, even those of us with concealed carry permits. The only exemption those of us with a CCW have is the waiting period (in most states). I can't attest for all of them. But we are all still required to fill out and have the dealer go through the same process as anyone else. The loophole you continually hear about is nothing different for gun shows than it is for gun shops or private sellers. If anyone is selling a used firearm, the seller is exempt from having to file the lengthy firearms control act paperwork and requiring the 3 to 10 day waiting period required of a new gun. They are still responsible in court of law if they knowingly sell a firearm to a known felon or minor. Nobody is given a free walk to sell firearms to anyone not legally allowed to own or purchase one. Anyone saying otherwise, is a liar. A law abiding citizen of the USA must be 21 to purchase a handgun, but that requirement doesn't exist for long arms unless there is a state or local law prohibiting such purchase. These laws continue to change on a regular basis. Don't fall prey to the "Anti's" lies!

tigwelder56

Postby ulgydog56 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:51 pm

good man tig........................you must have been born the same year i was 56 great mines think alike...lol
ulgydog56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 pm

A very good year! Of course I liked it better 10 years ago, lol!!

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Buying/Selling