>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

New to the sight/glock gun purchasing

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

New to the sight/glock gun purchasing

Postby Grassman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 am

Hey guys and gals I am new to the site. I am looking for a good used 9mm gun. Looking for any suggestions? I have been looking at glocks and rugers pretty close, any opinions on these? Thanks in advance.

Jeff K
Grassman

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Welcome to the directory!

Ruger, Glock, Springfield, Beretta and Smith and Wesson all make good quality handguns at a reasonable price. Sig and H&K make great handguns but they can be pricey.

Taurus, Bersa, Kel-Tec and a few others make affordable handguns if you are on a budget.

Of course they do make 1911 style handguns in 9mm but that's a whole different subject.

Ruger makes the SR9 series and the P95 series and ,from what I understand, are good pistols for the money.

Glock makes the 17,19, 26 and 34 models. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose a Glock without hesitation. I own a Glock 19. It's everything I need in a 9mm concealed carry pistol.
Will_Carry

Postby SouthTexasSlim » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey grassman, What do you plan to use the 9mm for? Concealed carry, home protection, plinking, target shooting...? It's really hard to go wrong with either a Glock or a Ruger. I like my Glock, but I just bought a S&W M&P for the same money...and the Smith is made in the USA as is the Ruger.
SouthTexasSlim

Return to Buying/Selling