>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

What do you think of a Glock?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby razr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Glocks are not accurate but they fire anytime you pull the trigger. They are not made for medium and smaller hands and they are ugly. One of the best handguns ever made in any caliber.
razr

Postby snke_doctr » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:57 pm

My 1st was a used LEO G22. After getting accustomed to the 40S&W caliber which was new to me I fell in love with Glocks so much so that I bought a G17. These guns are simple, durable, will eat ANY ammo, easy to break down. I'm a fan!
snke_doctr

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:37 pm

I bought my first Glock in 1996. I decided on the model 23 because of its size and caliber. The .40SW round is one of the best defense calibers ever invented IMO. That and the total reliability of the Glock itself makes it a perfect defense combo. I still own it and I'm sure will be handed down to someone. Providing my daughter gets busy making some grandkids!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I shoot a G23 and agree there are a few things that make it hard to shoot accurately. Glock grips are more convex in the back at the bottom, and if you are not completely stretched out in your stance and hold, heeling occurs and you shoot high. The Gen4 addresses this slightly, but not enough. There are people out there like www.bowietacticalconcepts.com that can rework a Glock grip to get rid of this problem. The other items like a trigger job and modifying the trigger guard so you hand fits higher on the grip make a world of difference. Once you do all this, you would be surprised how accurately you can shoot it.
JustBen

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank's Ben, I carry a G-19 myself but a G2 or 3, I really don't know the difference?? But I find you correct re: "High" shots anyway which I need to compensate for. Now I know where to look if I want to have it re-worked.

Bob
Gloc9mm

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter