>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Pistol grip shotguns

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Pistol grip shotguns

Postby kyle1118 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:50 pm

I currenbtly own a mossberg 88 adn have recently moved to florida, Now no one can seem to tell me if the pistol grip i have on it is legal in florida??? I also am looking into a new stock which has a pistol grip and a shoulder stock is the combo stock legal? I know this sounds redundant but are the folding stocks from pistol to shoulder legal aswell? before i take my gun out to the range I want to make sure its legal here!! Thankyou anyone who can answer...
kyle1118

Postby JustBen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Try the Florida Attorney Generals website which might have some info, or call a reputable local gun store.

In Ohio if it has a pistol grip on it, my local gun store owner tells me that you have to treat it like a hand gun legally. Don't bank on that though. I have not fact checked it and I am sure some of the other more knowledgeable members like BeltBuckle will know for sure.
JustBen

Postby kyle1118 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah ive read the whole hand gun theory... But being that its florida and all the gun laws are very leniant i think it might be different here. But its so hard to figure any legal issue out here! Thanks!
kyle1118

Postby GOANRA » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Kyle, Big Welcome!! Look through the posts and find tigwelder56. He is a Mod here and lives in FL.

He'll tell you info, or where to get it.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby kyle1118 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:07 pm

thanks
kyle1118

Postby Rocket11213 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 am

I have a Moosberg model 500 12 ga. persuader. model 18 or 20" barrel. 8 shot pump shotgun. It came with stock and also rifeled barrel, aside from the smooth bore 1 ga barrel on gun. It also came with pistol grip which I mounted and had local gun store add the heat shild and should strap. I like firing it with pistol grip. and low recoil 00 buck nice pattern on targes what is left of it. also fired the slug and trible 0 buck various types of ammo and load size. I am very pleased with this firearm. are there others that have this moosberg style shotgun and how do u like it? For me Moosberg has great prices and good guns.
Rocket11213

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Rocket, I need to point out something, it's called a "Mossberg" not a "Moosberg", lol! I've got a Maverick 88, it's made by Mossberg and is a clone of the 500. The safety is in a different location but that's it. It has a polymer trigger guard instead of the steel guard on the 500. Aside from those differences, it's a great shotgun. I chose not to put the pistol grip on it because you lose alot of control and accuracy. The full stock on these guns has a suitable grip style already, if you want to hold it in a pistol grip fashion. A pistol grip turns your shotgun into a "Spray and Pray" weapon. A lot of people like the looks of a pistol grip SG, but you're giving up a lot of control by using one. Just my opinion...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Stocker » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 pm

One of the quickest responses you'll get is from the range you want to go to. I see no reason why it would be illegal though.
Stocker

Postby Rocket11213 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:22 am

So what is the general poll yes the Mossberg Persuader 12ga pump 8 shot both 2 3/4 an 7, 3 in shell ? Comes with pistol grip and stock . I have found Mossberg to be a very decent shotgun and good price and I know few friends have 12 gauge long 28' vet rib double bead site and love it for hunting. As for persuader 18 " or 20 in bbl which I forgot to mention also comes with slug barrel also. I shot every load thur it with pistol grip 00 buck told 9 large pellet each size of a 38 spl bullet so one shell like being shot 9 times with 38. and if use low recoil rounds not big kick I think great home protection shot it close at rage and all the way down lane still turn target into shreds I would say agree it is if intruder just hears the pump action rack sound would most sane person run for there live for breaking into a home. Also the 28 : bbl pump vent rib double bead great hunting gun and also while barrel long still this would be decent home protection for there price there nice shotguns and warranty great. I saw a persuader pistol grip with heat shield 20 in barrel 8 shot fellow at range fire it so fast , everyone at rage stop to watch the flame come out not to forget the blasting sound . But he racked of off 8 shells in seconds. 2 ND shell already blew away the target and he just wanted to see how fast he could pump fire 8 shell and it was fast and very intimidating demo what damage this gun can does . Most impressive display, and very serious action look with the heat shield shoulder strap He said he has fire 100's round and no action jams from slugs to #9 bird shot.
Rocket11213

Postby GOANRA » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:52 pm

I've owned all the Mossberg 500s over the past 30+ years and all the LE issue Rem 870s.

Apples & oranges.

The shotgun is not a great home defense weapon since you can't answer your door with a shotgun everytime the doorbell rings. [however, if you hate Girl Scout Cookies...]

The doorbell is still the #1 entry for Home Invasions... and during daylight, too. 3,600,000 homes per year !!
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Next

Return to Gun Chatter