>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

pistol ammo

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

pistol ammo

Postby duc1960 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:55 am

I know WC and SWC ammo is cheap and ok for pracice but, aren't there differences in the ballistics as compared to JHP or SJHP ammo? Seems like at some point, wouldn't you want to practice with the ammo you select for home defense?
duc1960

Postby ulgydog56 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 pm

yes you have to know if the stuff you going to use for real is going to cycle,shoot on target and sight in, you have to spend the money and set the gun up for that and if cheap ammo does,nt shoot as well do not change the sights,just pratice....
ulgydog56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 am

In my experience with guns, different ammunition brands all go bang. Now, with my Henry .22, federal lightnings just don't feed well through it. I don't know if its humidity, temperature, some other bizzare story, or just that the gun wasn't designed for that round. However, the bulk Federal rounds that are at Wal-Mart feed and fire wonderfully. Same story for the Remington Gold dots and Thunderbolts.

If you get a really great gun, just about all ammunitions will feed through the gun just fine. This does mean that you need to break in your magazines and the gun itself before you pull it out of the box, shoot it, and say it jams up. Most jamming of a gun is because of magazines and ammunition that wasn't designed for the gun.

Look around on forums to see what bullets work for what gun. Most people try alot. after you figure that out, get online and look at autopsy reports of Police agencys that use different JHP bullets to see what those bullets did in real life situations in real people. I must warn you, they get graphic though.
HenryLeverAction

Postby razr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Some guns dont like JHPs.
razr

Return to Gun Chatter