>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Best .45 ACP for me?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby Will_Carry » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 pm

If I payed that much money for a pistol, I'd take it out every night and smile too. I have tried carrying my 1911 (Colt) once and while practicing drawing it, the hammer got caught on my shirt tail. As much as I love my Colt, as accurate and reliable as it is, I don't carry it any more. I will either carry the Glock 36 with the +1 extended mag, or my XD-45 with 13+1. Most people who carry 1911 train exclusively with it so they won't forget to thumb the safety or get their shirt tail caught on the hammer.
Will_Carry

Postby JustBen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 pm

The Glock is a superior combat fighting gun. I have a few concerns about the Springfield though. They are well made guns, but I do not like how the slide will not rack unless the grip safety is depressed. What happens if you are down to one hand and have to clear a jam ? The other thing is the spring type extractor. How reliable is it.

I may be all wet, but I am throwing these comments out there to see what other people think. The other thing is that I do not know many police departments that use the Springfield.
JustBen

Postby MightyFoFaad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

@ justben ....... Two. :-)
MightyFoFaad

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter