>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Sig Sauer Mosquito

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Sig Sauer Mosquito

Postby tcauthen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Just got hung up on because I was venting a little about the Sig Mosquito. Mine only shoot one kink of ammo. The high priced mini-mags HP. I've had alot of guns over my 52 years and this one is the most frustrating because of the quality I expected from Sig and the money I spent. I've watched all the videos of polishing the ramp, the lip on the barrel, using t right spring and it's ammo pickey. But Sig should send a recall on them just to save their reputation. The customer service department are so defensive over this gun, they're mad before you start talking about it. I've bought my last sig from them. If sig is so good, why can't they stand behind their guns. They will stand behind it one year from purchase date. Most blog I've read, the guns come back wit the problems. That's why you see youtube stuff on how to get them to shoot halfway reliably. Sig Mosquito is a bad weapon for the money. And if you wanta get really pissed call their customer service. They're worse than the gun.
tcauthen

Postby BrianB » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Here is a link to the thread for this gun, take a look.

http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread ... adID=20219

Definitely you are not alone. I also have one of these expensive paper weights. It is good though for teaching people how to clear jams and such, have done so with my kids.
BrianB

Postby tcauthen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:46 pm

If Sig is didn't know the mosquito was prone to hang ups and misfeeds why did they tell you to buy mini mags ammo only after you bought the thing and read about it. They should of put a lable on the box in plain sight. Sig makes wonderful guns but the mosquito had to be a make money quick scheme because of high ammo prices and they wanted to cash in because people were buying the heck out of 22's. Theirs wasn't ready yet and they sacraficed their reputation and new customers to cash in. Shame on the jerk who gave the go ahead to sell the mosqito before more tests.
tcauthen

Postby Hotrod911 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 pm

I had a Mosquito, had all the fail to eject problems as well. I sent it back to Sig twice, the first time, they did not fix it, actually, it got worse. I did not know it would only fire the expensive MiniMags until after I purchased it and was aggrivated about that but it started jamming up with the MiniMags. When I got it back from Sig the second time it still would not operate with bulk ammo no matter how clean it was but did not have any problems firing the MiniMags. then after firing 500 rounds through it one evening, my trigger finger was throbbing because the trigger was so hard to pull even in single action, the specs say it is 4.4 # but it was more like 8 or 9. I had no problems with Sigs customer service, I had Sig customer service do their "Sig Service Plan" on a P239 .40 that is one of a pair that I own and that one performed flawless before and after I sent it to them. I have recently traded the Mosquito for a Ruger LCP and am glad to get rid of that headache. I have mentioned this in another post but I wont get tired of saying it again and again, please dont judge Sig Sauer based on the Mosquito alone, both of my P239 .40s and my P226 9mm are very well crafted works of art and both P239s are primary personal protection for my wife and myself! The Mosquito was not manufactured by Sig Sauer, it was subbed out to another contractor, this explains its poor quality but is no excuse for having Sigs logo printed on the side of it!

Good luck

Hotrod
Hotrod911

Postby tcauthen » Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 am

Hotrod911 I do agree you can't judge Sig by the mosquito but that's why I purchased it. Because I have several Sigs and love them very much. I understand contracts with other gun makers but it's falls to the responsibilty of the name stamped on the gun. I won't buy another sig no matter how good they are. I will buy a used one but not a new one. Special ammo for 22 cal is a gun that is worthless to me. When I get an ammo picky gun, I sell or trade it. It's like a gun that FTE, I never feel comfortable using it again. Sig is aware of the problem with the misquito but keep the product out there to cause other people misery. Sig users that aren't intersted in the misquito don't really care, only the sig users that has purchased these worthless guns.
tcauthen

Postby pinkandproud » Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm

I have the pink mosquito and couldn't wait to shoot it and then I hated it. Jam after jam I thought this can't be so I just started trying every brand of ammo from the most expensive (which is not why I purchased the gun) to the cheapest and then I found it, Remington! It's cheap and it works the best with no problems. Yes, it's not the cleanest ammo you can use but here's the other trick, clean your gun and use "slide glide". Oh and I changed out the spring that came in the gun to the extra one that came with the gun. Try it, Trust me, you will see the difference and you too will love your mosquito.
pinkandproud

Return to Gun Chatter