>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

descions

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

descions

Postby CAbear » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:24 am

sub compact xd40 or glock30?
CAbear

Postby robalan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm

I have not used either of them. But I have been temped to get the Glock 30. They both look like good guns. I would suggest you find a way of trying each out and go with the one that feels better to you. I wonder if your post will trigger a debate between a 40 and 45. :-)
robalan

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 pm

You're right! It will bring up the 40 vs. 45 debate, but it's always fun to share opinions.

My thought on your choices is that they're both sound ideas but not thought out very well. The sub compact XD40 has a 9 round capacity and weighs in at 24 oz. unloaded. I find it to be a very boxy handgun that feels big in your hand. Supposed to be a very good pistol, so performance isn't an issue as far as I know. I haven't shot one. The .40 SW round is an excellent choice in a defensive round, as good as the .45acp IMO. It's no slouch by any means at all. The Glock 30 is a fantastic handgun and in a proven man stopping round, the .45acp. It weighs in at 24 oz unloaded and offers either a 9 or 13 round capacity. The 13 round magazine adds length to the pistol butt but also provides the extra length for your pinky finger. I have found it to be less bulky than the XD and offers 4 extra rounds of .45acp in a similar size of handgun. I suggest you also look at the Glock 23. It's a .40SW model that weighs in at 21 oz unloaded, again, less boxy and also offers a 13 round capacity. I'd personally consider the Glock 23.

You've got quite an interesting choice to make and if it's at all possible to get a chance to test fire these pistols, I highly encourage you to do so. Have fun and remember that whatever your choice, any of these handguns are excellent choices. The choice is yours and what works best for you. Good luck!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Will_Carry » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:17 pm

The 40S&W and the 45acp are so close in stopping power and the Glock and Sprinfields are so close in reliability. You can hardly go wrong. I personally like the thump of the 45. I have a Glock 36 and an XDm-40. Both are great pistols. Let us know what you pick and write a review.
Will_Carry

Return to Gun Chatter